'spider tom' at slab city (1 Viewer)

salxtina

Vagabond
Maybe this is an unnecessary post and feel free to delete or move if so.
It was really cool to finally get to visit the Slabs and the only person who gave me any problems was this older fairly-cleancut guy calling himself Spider Tom, who first approached me when I was sitting down to smoke a cigarette on my way towards the east jesus sculpture garden. He had this whole rap about how he was "concerned about young people" and was apparently? (weakly) trying to convince me to go to his camp ("with the blue trailer"), kept asking me where I was camped, and when I simply didn't answer he started yelling about how I had an attitude. After I walked away it could have just been a coincidence but he kept riding past me throughout that evening at pretty random and far-apart locations. I'm sure everyone around the slabs knows how to take care of themselves but just wanted to make a note incase this comes up with anyone else.
(*Not to be confused with Spider who does stuff at ponderosa, this guy is shorter, more of a newcomer, and rides a red atv.)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

salxtina

Vagabond
Yeah I think he had a buzzcut, white/silver hair, kind of short guy. Had a black baseball hat w/ vietnam vet patches on it.

babywavy

Rambler
If we're thinking of the same tom, he's a real live wire, probably best approached with caution. He rides all over the slabs all day so probably not looking for you, but def someone to not piss off.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.