Some of pics of Alaska and friends | Squat the Planet

Some of pics of Alaska and friends

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever posted any pictures to the gallery so I found a few from a few years back that I still have, when I was in Fairbanks and surrounding areas.

alaska1.jpg

Framed!

alaska2.jpg

alaska3.jpg

One Mile Creek, North of Fairbanks
alaska4.jpg

alaska5.jpg

alaska6.jpg

alaska7.jpg

Mosquito- The Alaska State Bird
alaska8.jpg

In case you were wondering....
alaska9.jpg

How Alaskans Hitchhike..
alaska10.jpg

Killing time waiting for forest fire to be put out, ahead on the highway..
alaska11.jpg

Trapper Creek Bluegrass Fest
alaska12.jpg

Mooning a Passenger Train
alaska13.jpg

Moose in a friend's yard in Anchorage
alaska14.jpg

Trapper Creek Bluegrass Festival
alaska15.jpg

Morning Wood IPA

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
LOL - great awesome pics - love that first one of you in a frame!!! And butt pics - thank goodness (well I think) no one got any of my butt smackers lol! Thanks for the pics!!

Reactions: iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
LOL - great awesome pics - love that first one of you in a frame!!! And butt pics - thank goodness (well I think) no one got any of my butt smackers lol! Thanks for the pics!!
thanks, that's actually my friend Trey who's in a band up there called the Squatter's Temple

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Was nobody concerned about the moose?
nah, they are actually quite tame (meaning- used to people. I wouldn't go up and try to pet one) in Anchorage because there is a law you can't shoot em within city limits. Shortly after this pic, the baby moose came up alongside momma

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
10/10 I would still run from that moose. Jesus fuck it's as big as a clydesdale horse...

Also that festival looks awesome. Are they going to do anything for 2015?

Has anyone been to Salmonstock?

sean p

Reaction score
Oh shit I didn't see the moose you got balls brother last time I was in Maine I seen some moose but I didn't get that close no way

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
10/10 I would still run from that moose. Jesus fuck it's as big as a clydesdale horse...

Also that festival looks awesome. Are they going to do anything for 2015?

Has anyone been to Salmonstock?
Never been to salmonstock, but it looks fun as well.
I think Trapper Creek fest is starting on May 21 or 22. I hear it's supposed to be a good one this year! they also put one on in august sometime. The owner's name is Boot and its on his 80 acre property where there's a stream running through you can skinny dip in, a couple hot tubs set up by the stage, plenty good camping spots. everyone's pretty chill for the most part too. Trapper Creek Bluegrass fest is where I first saw Blackbird Raum play live

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
The girl mooning second from the right... Doesn't look like she even had anything on in the first place >_<

Boots and a hoodie - most excellent selections of wardrobe attire - hood up and back side out if you don't want to be known, but in between - hood up and boots, it's a go - YEEEEEEAAA HAWWWW!!!! :D:D

<edit> I miss camping out - more plans for this year underway - oh and just so you know - while I am a free person on site, crappy weather and early cold euates to + I'm also the most frumpiest person ever with brutal sweats on so no nekkid butts there. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: OutsideYourWorld

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
you can't see it in the photo, but we had written out in marker H A V E A N I C E D A Y ! ! one letter per butt cheek. ah, ways to pass the time when you're drinkin with buddies in an old trailer park in seward alaska

Reactions: Odin

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
fucking awesome sweet..
was up in Prince Rupert in early 2013..

hopefully heading into alaska, soon..
waiting for word..

we'll see..

beautifull you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: iamwhatiam
D

Deleted member 2626

yeah damn swell flicks. you guys are doing it right. gonna have to look into the fest. i was up there twice with my dad who just got back I believe from sitka and haines and what not. He was up a month with a friend and messing around. He loves it. i like the wagon, cant beat a car for usage.

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Man I loved hitching in Alaska... people would drive through ditches, huge trucks block traffic to pick me up, no one gave a fuck if I was standing in a good spot or if there was room to pull over, so easy to get rides. Spent a freezing night huddled over a tiny stick fire in the brooks range watching the northern lights and eating bear meat some hunters had donated. Wish I could see your pics, but I can't load em without real wifi and its rare in this part of NZ! I didnt know there was a bluegrass festival in Trapper creek, but thinking back on hanging out there and in Telkeetna for a while it makes such perfect sense [emoji14]

Reactions: iamwhatiam and Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads