Life is short
Filled with stuff
Don't know what for
I ain't had enough
I learned all I know
By the age of nine
But I could better myself
If I could only find...

Hey there. I'm Tempest, I'm eighteen and I'm in Australia. I've got chronic wanderlust, made worse by the fact that so far I've not been able to fulfil it. Ever since I can remember, I was spinning the globe and imagining far off places, reading books about the world, books like Durrell's and "Born Free" -- I was particularly obsessed with the Mediterranean, Egypt and the Caribbean. I'd like to go to New Orleans, or at least I imagine I would. The most I've been anywhere is a week on Fraser Island, and numerous twelve-hour road trips. Anyway, I'm a complete newbie, so it's okay to have fun at my expense if you can get away with it!

The only other important thing to know about me is that, in the words of Lou Reed, "I got a rock'n'roll heart." As some of you may have deduced, I'm a Cramps fiend. Lux and Ivy inspired me to want to make the most of my life while I still can.

By the bye, Fever is my partner-in-crime, if you need a reference!

Tempest

Reaction score
Thanks for being first poster, Lil! The support is appreciated. Fever must be a little slow on the uptake today ;)

So, whereabouts are you posted?

Fever

Reaction score
I am! Well, was. I didn't happen to be up all night baying at the moon as usual this time! :D
I'm glad to see that you're quite taken with the forum too, somehow I knew you would be. It's just shameful that I didn't refer you sooner! It really sets an incentive to GO on fire, don't you think? You'll find plenty of arsenal to feed your hungry mind around here, that's a given.

Tempest

Reaction score
Braces on your fangs, eh? I didn't hear of this before ;)

I feel a little out of place here though... they start talking about their stuff and I'm left for dead. I still like it though! Maybe this place is just what I need to put a motor behind my plans.

By the bye, guess which album I'm stuck on? "Date With"! I mean, it's fantastic, but this may be the first time it's been my favourite.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads