Some experiences I've had with different phone companies. | Squat the Planet

Some experiences I've had with different phone companies.

D

deleted25394

I wanted to share some experience I have with different phone companies, seeing as a lot of people here end up in various places and it can be a handy tool.

At&t sucks! They will try to rob you over and over and their coverage isn't good either.

Cricket has good prices but bad coverage and worse phones.

Sprint I never tried out in the woods but they didn't try to rob me. Very nice phones.

Verizon is what I have currently and their coverage is amazing and unlimited. Had only a few small spots where I couldn't get service. Now I pay $73 a month but like I said it's unlimited and the phone only cost me $20 total. It's a Samsung Galaxy J3V and it runs smooth.

Just a thought from me to you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
first off, what does the thread title have to do with the content of this thread? your post reads like some kind of weird spam.

Verizon is what I have currently and their coverage is amazing and unlimited. Had only a few small spots where I couldn't get service. Now I pay $73 a month but like I said it's unlimited and the phone only cost me $20 total. It's a Samsung Galaxy J3V and it runs smooth.

not that all phone companies aren't evil in some way or another, but verizon is actively anti-net neutrality, and also shares your location with law enforcement via an open portal that doesn't require any kind of subpoena or warrant. so yeah, fuck them.

D

Deleted member 23824

first off, what does the thread title have to do with the content of this thread? your post reads like some kind of weird spam.

not that all phone companies aren't evil in some way or another, but verizon is actively anti-net neutrality, and also shares your location with law enforcement via an open portal that doesn't require any kind of subpoena or warrant. so yeah, fuck them.

Did not know that, Matt. What happens with the companies that offer service through Verizons system?

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

deleted25394

Didn't know that either but as long as I get service when I'm in the mountains I'm good. I'm not running drugs, I'm camping.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you didn't answer my question.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The title is a quote from Mad Max and it's not boring.

that's nice and all, but the next time you use a bullshit title that has nothing to do with the content of your thread i'm going to give you a warning point.

please don't waste our time like this in the future. i've changed your thread title to something more relevant.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Didn't know that either but as long as I get service when I'm in the mountains I'm good. I'm not running drugs, I'm camping.

you're still supporting a corporation run police state.

• Love It
Reactions: Coywolf
D

deleted25394

that's nice and all, but the next time you use a bullshit title that has nothing to do with the content of your thread i'm going to give you a warning point.

please don't waste our time like this in the future. i've changed your thread title to something more relevant.

Okay officer Derrick.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Okay officer Derrick.

we have a right to enforce the rules we've set here long before you ever arrived. if you don't like it you can certainly fuck off somewhere else.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'd be supporting fascism if I donated here and your capitalistic greed.

yes, yes, im a big bad fascist because i won't let you do whatever you want. very adult of you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So does AT&T give cops location data? I kinda assumed they all do.

basically, yes. some make it easier than others, like i mentioned with verizon, who basically has an open door policy to anyone with a badge. others require a court order; which ones are which you can find with a bit of google searching.

UrTech

Reaction score
I use Simple Mobile SimCard with APN setup as "Authentication None".Using android build.prop mods for no tethering provisioning and unlimited data all via $25 prepaid plan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-143808.png
    Screenshot_20200820-143808.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20200820-143737.png
    Screenshot_20200820-143737.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot_20200820-143705.png
    Screenshot_20200820-143705.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Screenshot_20200820-143650.png
    Screenshot_20200820-143650.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_20200820-144032.png
    Screenshot_20200820-144032.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_20200820-144006.png
    Screenshot_20200820-144006.png
    746.8 KB · Views: 274

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Im curious how you get unlimited data (if it's truly unlimited).

UrTech

Reaction score
25$ gets you 3gig at LTE speeds. Then it's capped at 110k download speed. Only talk and text are unlimited. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads