so'ern kalifornia?

maus

Reaction score
so im staying with some very cool friends in ramona right now but i have a hankering to take off and hitch around by my lonesome for a bit... what are the good places to hit up, squat, busk, camp? where are the cool travelers gonna be at? im thinking santa barbara, goleta, maybe the promenade in santa monica? i dont really know this area at all and the people i know here arent travelers or punx or anyone who can give me much of that kind of advice...

Labea

Reaction score
if your going really southern, ventura is a pretty cool place. its in the oxnard county, north like 50 miles of LA

san lois obispo is okay.
chill hop out yard.

C

Clit Comander

hollywood, venice, san diego, santa monica, santa barbraba, Venutura, oxnard( the cops are getting pretty pissed in oxnard, i was kicked out indefinatly i had been 1 day.)

M

Mouse

i liked venice but I couldn't really make any money there. I'd say make $$$ on hollywood blvd. and then take the train out to venice to sleep and hang out. it's a lot more chill out there than hollywood.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Venice tends to be the best place to meet up with kids, but sucks for most everything else. I made fairly decent money busking in pomona ($30-60 in four hrs or so), but don't try to sleep there. SLO can be really fun, but also dead certain times of the year. I was there in december and didn't run into any travelling kids period. Highway 1 from SLO all the way up to Carmel is fucking beautiful and the people are hard to beat. I've always had a ball in big sur, you can't really busk or panhandle, but the locals seem to go out of their way to take care of hitchers. I've been kicked down beer, weed, awesome food, and even just straight cash ($70 one memorable day) just for walking down the highway. The best bridge I've found to sleep under in america is in gorda just south of Big Sur, there's also a beach on Hway 1 that the hearst family just gave to the public that people couldn't walk on for like 120yrs. Oxnard is awesome, just don't be high profile.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sorry, maybe im just not thinking right, but what's SLO?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads