So...Why California? | Squat the Planet

So...Why California?

J

Johnny P

I notice a lot of people on here and a lot of people I meet on the road are always wanting to go to California. Why? What is the fascination with that state? Why does it seem to be every fresh travelers destination?

Unslap

Reaction score
Haha the first johnny pain tag i saw was in dunsmuir ironically. But to answer your thread, people in cali just act differently, and its a nice place to be if you like weed. Tons of travelers if thats your thing. It has the ocean, beautiful outdoors and varied landscape, temperate climate and sunshine.. I wish i was in california right now.

D

Deleted member 2626

Been meaning to get there a few trips now since I first started hitting the road, but have yet to make it, on foot or in a vehicle, maybe it's a sign.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I just think it's sad that Californians ruined California. And Californians are now ruining my favorite states (Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Colorado, etc.)

The only thing those assholes are good at is "developing" beautiful landscapes and habitats with housing developments, strip malls, and freeways. A bunch of hypercapitalist fucks, in my opinion :)

If you can see beyond the development, you can really tell how beautiful it used to be.

I really like the far northern part of the state, though. Used to live in Arcata.

J

Johnny P

^^^ I agree with you there...

The weed is better in Oregon. I think we should build a giant wall around cali. In fact, put a big bubble over it so nobody can get out. Californians have ruined California and are quickly trying to Californicate everywhere else.

J

Johnny P

I always figured it was just an east coast thing. Like I thought kids on the west coast would all want to get to some place more... atlantic.

Nope most Californians are afraid of the East Coast or any place not on the West Coast. Common response I get from Californians when I mention some other part of the country I am headed to is : "Ugh, Why do you want to go THERE?"

J

Johnny P

Haha the first johnny pain tag i saw was in dunsmuir ironically. But to answer your thread, people in cali just act differently, and its a nice place to be if you like weed. Tons of travelers if thats your thing. It has the ocean, beautiful outdoors and varied landscape, temperate climate and sunshine.. I wish i was in california right now.

I love Dunsmuir! Yes I have been to Cali, but I had visited other places well before I ever went to California. I only first visited Cali 3 years ago, and Dunsmuir was the first place in Cali I ever went due to the UP line coming down from Oregon.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I actually have really mixed feelings about California. I've met amazing people in Oakland, SF, and Humboldt County and it's an absolutely beautiful place with a lot of camping and hiking opportunities. It is, also, however, overcrowded, polluted, overdeveloped and filled with hypocritical "liberal" hypercapitalists.

Evie217

Reaction score
Man I was fixin to hop out to Cali with a bud when I got to Texas but I recently backed out. I have no desire to go, been once and thats enough for me.. so far anyway. Yea it gets a little repetitive hearing so many souls say they absolutely need to get to Cali. No reason at all.

Reactions: japanarchist
D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah i'm heading out again in a few weeks but don't know about cali now. maybe just go for a night or two, to say I've been and head back to the hills ahaha

3knd

Reaction score
It's a bit warmer during the winter. That's fer sure. Aside from that? I don't know.

Unslap

Reaction score
I wouldnt like cali nwearly as much if id never hitched through the hwy 1 on the coast. 1 of a kind beauty and people

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads