so whos planning on going to Burning Man this year?!! | Squat the Planet

so whos planning on going to Burning Man this year?!!

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i think i will be! some just told me they're gonna drag me along. been wanting to go for like 5 years. hopefully this year.

Dmac

Reaction score
it would be something to see, for sure! but the desert in the middle of summer would be tough. plus i heard that you have to bring all you need for the week (water food weed booze). from the videos i have seen you would not need the weed or much booze, but water is a must. i would sure love to be able to say that i have been there, evan if it was only for a little while.

FawnDroke

Reaction score
I heard that the tickets to get in were a shit load of money.
I was planning on making a trip to experience it because it's one of the last years they are doing it. The lease on the land is running out is what I was told.

B

BrainDeadUnit

With expensive tickets and so many people they can't renew the lease?

I'd really like to go. Looks like quite the experience, even if, so I hear, it's kinda strayed from the original prestige it once had.

stonedwonderer

Reaction score
I allways wanted to go with a truck load of water and make bank theres gotta be a shit ton of hipsters there that didnt know what they meant by bring a shit ton of water its hot

FawnDroke

Reaction score
HA HA HA
Anyone spare $300 for a ticket to hang out with a bunch of privileged hipsters in the desert.
It used to be FREE!
Come to the Rainbow Gather in Washington !!!

Linda/Ziggy

Yeah I really don't think it's worth going to. It's come so far from what is was originally ment to be that it's just fucking useless now.
FOLK LIFE IN SEATTLE! At the end of May, it's probably one of the better festivals out there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'd like to go, but the $300 price tag is a bit prohibitive. Plus the cost to get the bus out there, supplies, etc...

Fortunately, what most people don't know is that there is a series of "regional" burning man events that are more intimate but still a crazy awesome time (from what I've heard). Austin has one in the summer, and I've herd that it's one of the biggest regionals they have. It still costs money, but I think it's only 75 bucks, so I'll probably give it a whirl and let y'all know how it is.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'd rather chew off my own right arm than go hang out with a bunch of rich hipsters while they pretend they're artsy and creative.

Can someone actually provide some evidence that this is true? I'm tired of people just saying this having never even been anywhere near there. It would be nice to get an opinion or report back from someone that has actually attended.

Dameon

Reaction score
costumed-girls-at-burning-man.jpg

burning-man-pink-bus.jpg

burning-man-rabbits.jpg

burning_man_9-401x281.jpg

Enough said. You don't have to go to Burning Man to know exactly what types of people go there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
just because its a different culture than your own hardly makes it conclusive proof of hipsterdom.

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
I'd rather go and experience it for myself, rather than listen to someone else and possibly miss out on something I may really like. That goes for anything, not just burning man.

I used to say "Fuck that I will never pay shit tons of money to hangout in the desert with a bunch of rich assholes" but I plan to try to attend this year to see for myself how it really is. Especially since I've met a lot of really badass people in the last year who arent rich, hipster kids that really enjoy going to burning man.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
Low-income tickets are $160.
You have to be insane to go. Those people have no sense of reality.
I'm sure they die all the time trying to stop chemtrails or meditating too hard.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads