so i've hitched TO the bay area | Squat the Planet

so i've hitched TO the bay area

bikegeek666

Reaction score
and it's my first time here, so obviously i've never left. where's a good spot to leave from? i'm going to visit portland for a bit here soon.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hey while you in portland you should go to the stp gathering in april...i'm trying to talk as many people into going as i can.... sounds fun.....

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
never hitched north out of SF, couldn't tell you. however, if you're coming through Eugene send me a message!

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Hitching north outta the bay is cake. Just walk across the golden gate bridge and start hitching. You can either walk through saulsalito and start hitching on the north side of town or try the same deal by the tunnel entrance to the marin headlands. I've always gotten picked up quickly this way. Also there's a bus you can take to santa rosa that you can catch right over the bridge. Once your in santa rosa just start hitching the 101. If you walk to the bridge through the park presido with your thumb out or a sign on your pack there's a decent chance of getting picked up while still in the city.

Reactions: Mankini
N

NickCofphee

Yeah, another confirmation that the 1st onramp past the Golden Gate bridge works. Though you'll probably wait a little bit. I've hitched here twice and it's taken me about an hour each time. Not too bad.

You can also take a bus to Santa Rosa for pretty cheap, about $5 I think. I've heard this works even better. Look online for schedules and times.

To get to the GG Bridge, take a bus. It's a good walk otherwise. About 3-5 miles from Golden Gate Park.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
thanks for the info. sounds awesome.

macks, i'll see what's up when i'm in eugene. pm me a phone number or something.

ravie, i'm only going for a week and coming back to the bay. so...maybe i'll go again for the stp meetup, but we'll see.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads