So I Nearly Just Died On A Chinatown Bus (1 Viewer)

Pokebert

Spiritual Nomad
Current Location
North Concord, CA
Website
reddit.com
Hello folks! I am writing to you from inside of a stressed bus of people, stopped at a travel center in the middle of nowhere, and I just got my ID back from the police. I just nearly died on a sketch ass Wanda Coach bus. Thanks for the Chinatown bus recommendation, @Matt Derrick 😜 (just pulling your leg)

Here’s the copy and paste from my Vagabond Journal:

**Monday, 11:20 PM (8:20 PM California Time)**

I was going to write to you all about how I am on a bus from Memphis to New York City - and how excited I’d be for that. Unfortunately my bus got pulled over one for speeding, for 45 minutes.

Then my bus fucking crashed into the side of a guardrail or bridge, and people flew across the bus. It was a pretty hard crash... but thankfully people only had minor injuries.

I called the police (thanks @EvoF for calming me down - seriously I was scared I would die) and was able to calmly tell them all of my info. Where we were, that at first the bus driver wasn’t stopping, that he was ignoring us panicking and that he wouldn’t just pull over right away.

He eventually pulled over at a Pilot travel center up the road after 10 minutes, to our protests, and the police immediately showed up and questioned me, asked what happened. They believe he crashed into the side of a bridge. The driver only stopped at our panic and protests, and didn’t even ask if anyone was okay. He just insisted not to worry and to just relax. Then the police came.

I’ve been keeping everyone updated, telling the police everything I know; they’ve been kind and are happy I made the call. I have no idea what happens from here. The officers forced the driver to call his company and try to arrange us a new bus or a new driver (50~ people stranded).

Funny enough, just 10 minutes before the crash, we got pulled over by the police for 45 minutes; we believe for speeding. I thought the insanity of the sketch ass bus companies would be done after that, but I guess not!

This one girl panicked and latched onto me, so I’ve been helping her stay calm and collected. She had bruises and minor injuries - she actually flew out of the seat and her earring flew out too!

So now I’m waiting for a response, and include about to give an official statement to the police. I raised hell with Wanda Coach and they were well aware of the situation - they’ll be refunding me (and hopefully comping me a bit more!)

The best part? The cops were inspecting the edge of the bus... it crashed right next to where I was sitting. Thankfully my back only hurts a bit but I’m mostly okay.
Wish me safe travels... here’s to hoping I can *finally* get to New York City for the first time in my life!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

BirdDaddy

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Current Location
McCall, Idaho
Man, how fun !!!!! So exciting! Thanks for sharing man. I hope you get to NY as well. Godspeed

BorgerKong

Uneducated Fucklord
Current Location
Somewhere in Michigan
Y’all just took the bullet for people who maybe wouldn’t have handled it so well. Good on you for reporting that PSYCHO driver! Safe travels :🐱:

Wolfs Paw

Current Location
Philladelphia
shit if you do let me get a free ticket at least lmfao j/k glad your alright fam. and see what you can get from them if anything also if they say nothing say they'll be hearing from your lawyer lmfao that'll get them scared a little. #classactionlawsuit

timetraveler

Lurker
Current Location
Upstate NY
One time I was on one from Philly to Manhattan.
It was summer and there was no AC.
We all literally felt like we were asfixiating.
Never again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??
The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.
Barf wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
There's a fish in the percolator