Snowbirding Recommendations?

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
So my partner and I are looking to once again travel to a warmer climate and look back into permanent settlement in somewhere with hopefully some space, little or insignificant snow, and of course affordable to free housing or squatting opportunities or even what I'm most interested in having a good rubber tramping space.

Visiting the Slabs has been the dream but right now we've been agreeing on Las Vegas but I hear that it's not good to the traveler community whatsoever. Palm Springs and California City I hear are supposed to have pretty good opportunities and prices and Tucson itself I loved quite a lot but looking for maybe some new ideas or how LTVA'Ss are. I'm itching to get some acceleration and movement back in my life after a year of mostly housie and motel life.

Pretty flexible and have camped, squatted, and rubber tramped in vans and motorhomes so comfortability is no issue. I think a user here has even mentioned abandoned houses around in the Call desert so that's attractive and interesting.

Reactions: notnull

Tony G

Reaction score
So my partner and I are looking to once again travel to a warmer climate and look back into permanent settlement in somewhere with hopefully some space, little or insignificant snow, and of course affordable to free housing or squatting opportunities or even what I'm most interested in having a good rubber tramping space.

Visiting the Slabs has been the dream but right now we've been agreeing on Las Vegas but I hear that it's not good to the traveler community whatsoever. Palm Springs and California City I hear are supposed to have pretty good opportunities and prices and Tucson itself I loved quite a lot but looking for maybe some new ideas or how LTVA'Ss are. I'm itching to get some acceleration and movement back in my life after a year of mostly housie and motel life.

Pretty flexible and have camped, squatted, and rubber tramped in vans and motorhomes so comfortability is no issue. I think a user here has even mentioned abandoned houses around in the Call desert so that's attractive and interesting.

vegas sucks for travelers they see you with a pack and its over but my favorite winter spot is always Gibsonton fl its full of circus folk no judgement and if you hold a sign theyll help its great place close to tampa

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Stay rubber tramping if you can. Everywhere I've been that's population >45k but less than 100k has always had a lot of industrial street parking for overnight vans & rvs. Where I'm at, non-violent crime has a 45 min response time so as long as you keep the peace (and find a block with others that keep the peace) you'll be fine as long as you want to stay. Bonus points if the town or county you want to stay in has a migrant or seasonal population.

A lot of people give FL shit but I'm with @Tony G... FL is alright.

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Stay rubber tramping if you can. Everywhere I've been that's population >45k but less than 100k has always had a lot of industrial street parking for overnight vans & rvs. Where I'm at, non-violent crime has a 45 min response time so as long as you keep the peace (and find a block with others that keep the peace) you'll be fine as long as you want to stay. Bonus points if the town or county you want to stay in has a migrant or seasonal population.

A lot of people give FL shit but I'm with @Tony G... FL is alright.

We need to get a new vehicle but hell that shouldn't be too far off, Florida unfortunately we avoid just because of how Trans laws and the culture of hate is growing. But shit I'll stay in those mid size type towns and try the industrial areas moreso. Parks and business lots are our preference but as of more recent that's gotten harder and generally cops sniff us out of our stealth camping location.

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
vegas sucks for travelers they see you with a pack and its over but my favorite winter spot is always Gibsonton fl its full of circus folk no judgement and if you hold a sign theyll help its great place close to tampa

Damn that sucks to hear but shit we'll keep an eye on that area too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads