Smashing racism on the road | Squat the Planet

Smashing racism on the road

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Does anyone frequently deal with complete ignorance and racism while traveling?
Basically kids throwing around racist and homophobic words like its nothing. I would like to discuss this among other travelers Who face this problem. Input is welcome
Looking for ways to smash this sort of shit without having to deal with ignorant fucks trying to chase you down

Reactions: technotrash
T

Tick Dickler

all the time. usually kids from 15 - 20. almost got thrown down a set of stairs once for hanging out with a gay kid. a girl i knew recently tried to kill herself because some 20 yr olds kept bullying her and shit. shes 15. fucking pussies.

scandinavia is racist as fuck. especially denmark. the other countries are just ignorant pussies, but denmark, oh that place. kids there usually form gangs and walk around picking on immigrants. and when they feel like it, beat them up and run away. cops dont do shit either, i think they like it that way.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Dang, is there any local ARA group you could link up with? The situation there sounds pretty shitty. Here its mostly racist ass rainbow kids and basically travelling nazi punks. The type that rock nausea and aus rotten patches but then say n***er every other word. Or harass other riders with hate speech for there liking the same sex or being a POC

Reactions: Matt Derrick

nvasv

Reaction score
I encounter racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. For some reason, it's really popular with the traveling community. I tend to avoid a lot of people, whether it be freight or public transit. Shit gets old when you've been dealing with it since you were five..

D

Deleted member 20

I experience reverse racism when traveling in strange hoods where normally white people don't go. This includes racial profiling by the predominantly white police force who are happy to allow all non white locals to commit crimes out in the open but feel that they must search/question me since I must be out of place.

I encounter racist skinheads who assume that I am a racist because I dress similar to them. I experience discrimination from being a yankee, Irish/catholic in the south. Rednecks seem to hate mohawks & love speeding by to give the finger, throw trash out the window (including cigarettes tho I don't smoke) or swerve to pretend to run me over. I get shit for being a veteran by antiwar pussies. I get shit for being too clean. I get shit for being too old by younger travelers. I get shit for killing animals for a living & eating meat by vegans. I am constantly accused of being a cop. I am routinely attacked & bitten by dogs who all seem to hate me.

I don't care enough to smash anything on or off he road but figured Id let you know that we all experience shit on the road often from others in our supposed traveling community.

I notice that with the groups that preach inclusion they are the least likely to include you.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hwyman said:
I notice that with the groups that preach inclusion they are the least likely to include you.

Sometimes I think that's the cosmic test. Being put on this earth to see if you have the sufferance to wisely deal with all the bigotry and hate out there.

Reactions: Juan Derlust
T

Tick Dickler

Dang, is there any local ARA group you could link up with? The situation there sounds pretty shitty. Here its mostly racist ass rainbow kids and basically travelling nazi punks. The type that rock nausea and aus rotten patches but then say n***er every other word. Or harass other riders with hate speech for there liking the same sex or being a POC

ARA? i think thats like anti racism stuff? i think we have something like that, but it doesnt do much. its not that bad, i guess. its rare for people to get physical. but what do i know? im not affected the slightest by words, but some people are. what exactly are rainbow kids? i keep hearing about them. thought they were hippy kids or something. also, whats being a POC. i know, im a noob haha.

I get shit for being too clean.
THIS. assuming youre not talking about drugs here. why do people think youre not a real traveller because you dont smell like piss. its way easier to get jobs and rides if you dont smell.

D

Deleted member 125

unfortunetly this kind of thing is pretty common whether travelling or not. its not strange for me to meet people who i would assume wouldnt say fag or nigger but after a tall boy or two are more then happy to say stuff that is very clearly homophobic or racist. in my opinion its no longer worth my time or energy to educate people about how fucking stupid they are. i just avoid being around them.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
From my recent experience, i walked into the jungle sat down with another kid who was a POC and the other kids except for mine and his road dawg where shouting racist bull shit. I looked towards him and he said its alright im used to it. Later on that night i reacted..... The next day i heard from his road dawg telling me that earlier that day a kid pushed him over and stepped on him while calling him a N***er.
Alot of times i wont walk away instead
I will confront these inbred racist fucks.
Rolling over and walking away just lets them think its alright to keep doing fucked up shit.

D

Deleted member 125

if a physical confrontation happens, then yes fucking react appropiatly of course. but hanging out around that stuff is just asking to be fucked with by people who are in my opinion not going to change. its incredible how many people you wouldnt think to be like that, are.

L

LiveFreeDieFree

Got to say that people around here who are ARA or SHARPS tend to be the biggest haters and trouble makers around. I dont believe in hating others for things they cant help. That doesnt mean I have to like them. I know a guy who used to be a neo nazi and belonged to a group of neo nazis here in calgary. He is someone ive known for about 14 years. I had been a spectator at one of the clashes between ARAs and the Aryan Guard back in I think 2004 or thereabouts. During this peaceful protest by my friend and his fellow protesters ARAs led by their ignorant, hatefull leader jason devigne proceeded to turn the peaceful protest into an all out brawl by throwing rocks and other debris at the nazis.
Now, im not saying that I support the ideals of neo nazis but I am saying as citizens of a free country they have a right to freedom of speech and to peacefully protest something. You dont see them crashing anti racism ralleys and causing ruckus. Okay they did afterwards.
Bottom like is ARA crusaders like this devigne guy are the biggest haters out there and only have any support whatsoever because they've targeted a group that is easily hated in this diverse, multicultural city.

Last edited:

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
if a physical confrontation happens, then yes fucking react appropiatly of course. but hanging out around that stuff is just asking to be fucked with by people who are in my opinion not going to change. its incredible how many people you wouldnt think to be like that, are.
I know dude, its fucking lame how shitty people are when there in there
Little comfort zone. I wish more of these kids would just run there mouths in the wrong neighborhood and die off.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Why cant we all just fucking get along?
White pride? Brown pride? Black pride?
HOW ABOUT HOMOSAPIEN PRIDE?
FML..
Fuck nazi sympathy
I cant coexist with those sorts of people. I know many kids who used to be all WP and shit and they are now completely against it. I grew up around that shit which makes me hate it even more. And i agree nationalism of any kind sucks

L

LiveFreeDieFree

I dont know how you get nazi sympathy from that. I sympathize that they cant exorcize their rights to speak their minds, not their ideals.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Sure let tom metzger speak his mind over his lame ass nazi radio show. But the people who listen to that shit go out and fuckin murder homeless people because they get so brainwash by that nationalist bull shit.
That shit has no place out here.
Bands like death in june use there profit to fund fascist military organizations. But there just speaking there mind so i guess its ok.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads