Small shack sqaut. | Squat the Planet

Small shack sqaut.

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
We got flooded out of are camp the other day. Went looking for a new place and found this abandoned shack. I'm gonna assume this is a former water pump station. Gonna need work but I think it will be do able with me and my two pups. The track is abandoned ( only about two boxcar lengths left ) and I found plenty of nearby abandoned homebum camps to scavenge threw of needed. Gonna have the locks changed , gonna cover all the walls and wonders with cardboard and news papers , eventually in a few months will have a solar generator and water storage built. I'll put a garden in during the spring time and find some chickens and build a pin around the building.

Doesn't look like anyone's been here for years so I think we should be fine for quit some time .

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_151449.jpg
    IMG_20221127_151449.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20221127_151350.jpg
    IMG_20221127_151350.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20221127_151508.jpg
    IMG_20221127_151508.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20221127_152202.jpg
    IMG_20221127_152202.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score
Nice!

It won't take a whole lot to make it into something very livable. I'm sure you've already considered finding laws/ways of squatting on the property to legally acquire it.

If you can get enough of it, bubble wrap used for packaging makes an excellent insulator.

Solar panels have gotten surprisingly cheap as of late, and there are plenty of used car starter batteries that can be scrounged and hooked up into a parallel 12V system in order to store energy.

I hope no Karens fuck with you.

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Nice!

It won't take a whole lot to make it into something very livable. I'm sure you've already considered finding laws/ways of squatting on the property to legally acquire it.

If you can get enough of it, bubble wrap used for packaging makes an excellent insulator.

Solar panels have gotten surprisingly cheap as of late, and there are plenty of used car starter batteries that can be scrounged and hooked up into a parallel 12V system in order to store energy.

I hope no Karens fuck with you.

I doubt some one will say something anytime soon. It's outside city limits and the nearest house is a mile into town so I think this will work better for us

AyeAaron

Hobocop
Reaction score
Tarp could cover the door for now

How deep is that hole in the floor? Would be cool to have a large basement space you could keep your things in, and cover the entrance with a rug or something less obvious like a tarp

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Tarp could cover the door for now

How deep is that hole in the floor? Would be cool to have a large basement space you could keep your things in, and cover the entrance with a rug or something less obvious like a tarp

Idk , I'll try the stick test tomorrow. Sadly it's full of water and it will probably stay that way since it's a old pump station. I was gonna cover it up with wood then have two wood pallets covering it to make a bed for my self

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score
I'd hate to accidentally fall into such a hole. You could end up with resultant injuries that prevent you from leaving to get help, and there will be no one coming to help you. Covering it is a great idea. Nice in the winter, but because of mosquitoes, would suck for most of the year.

Cool place!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTexasRoadrunner

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
if you can pump it out that waters still good i promise you that just try get some out just make sure it doesnt smell or taste funny if so its contaminated which is why it got abandoned
Well I wasn't going to use the water for anything I do wanna see what it looks like empty tho. Either way I'm gonna find something else stronger to cover it

Tony G

Reaction score
Well I wasn't going to use the water for anything I do wanna see what it looks like empty tho. Either way I'm gonna find something else stronger to cover it

if it is an aquafer which i asume it is it will just slowly fill back up again if you can get all the water out and yes cover it the last thing you wanna do is roll and ankle or fall in

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads