News & Blogs Small Canadian town will give land, a job to anyone willing to move (1 Viewer)

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Hometown
Planet Earth
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
With a few catches, of course.

920x920-jpg.33003

IMAGE 1 OF 59
The Farmer's Daughter Country Market is offering land and a job to anyone willing to relocate. Of course, there are a few catches, but the near-paradise location might be worth it.

>>KEEP CLICKING TO SEE MORE ... more

Cape Breton is a small island at the eastern end of Nova Scotia. It features all four seasons, the population (as or 2001) is just under 150,000 and the community is true to its small town roots.

The Farmer's Daughter Country Market, a bakery and general store, is a staple of this hidden paradise and it is looking to expand. They have everything they need, except people.
After hiring all the qualified locals in need of a job, the business put out a nearly too-good-to-be-true call for help on Facebook.

Anyone willing to relocate (and meet the needs and qualifications of the store) will be offered a job and two acres of land to live on.

However, since the town is not qualified for the Foreign Worker Program, it can take only people who are legally authorized to work in Canada (just a few extra steps for any foreigner who really really wants the job).

For more information about the requirements, check out the Farmer's Daughter Country Market's Facebook page.

Earth has many hidden paradises. Take a look through the gallery to see more surreal and breathtaking places around the world.

Source: http://www.chron.com/life/article/Small-Canadian-town-will-give-land-a-job-to-9219330.php

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
after looking at the facebook page that was linked ide be surprised if at least a few members here wouldnt consider this, 2 acres, and a job...i wonder what kind of jobs there are there, there doesnt seem to be any info on that on the page. but still interesting offer for sure.

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
That far north and the first thing you will need to do is put a house on your free land.

Still, it is a great deal.

I'm off to find a marriageable Canadian lady with the cash to build that house;)

applejuice

Lurker
That far north and the first thing you will need to do is put a house on your free land.

Still, it is a great deal.

I'm off to find a marriageable Canadian lady with the cash to build that house;)
Ooooooh, the HOUSE! Of course! I knew i was missing something, i don't know why in the world i presumed you also get a house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.
Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick
Twin cities folks, anybody looking to go out, maintain a respectable distance, and explore something this Friday night?
Committed phone memory to two of these guys albums just last night, after not listening to them for years. Found out today that one of em died just two days prior.
They fathered ebm in 1981 -the same genre of industrial that NIN brought to the mainstream over 10 years later.

Dude thinks he's gonna "make a deal" with the virus.

It's like a virtual pact with *Satan*.👹 Maybe if he sacrifices all the helpless ones to the thing, the devil will just let him be? Let him keep his status, his presidency, his supporters?