Slab-fuckin'-city | Squat the Planet

Slab-fuckin'-city

Shakou

Reaction score
We keep hearing about it, never been, and are contemplating rolling on down there with our dogs in the motorhome in 2 weeks, once our seasonal job in Nevada ends. What can you tell me about it? How cool are the people? Are there really no rules? How welcoming are they to new folks? Enlighten me!

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Nemo Perish

Reaction score
I wanna be there before long. Wanted to be there before Christmas, now it's looking a little longer. I do, however, need some advice.
I'm unsure of what sort of temperatures to expect. I wanna stay til the spring and I'm not sure what a winter is like in SoCal. How cold do the nights get? How hot are the days.
I'm also gonna be coming out of San Diego, which I hear is less than hospitable, and would be hitching to Niland. How are the rides around there?
Lastly, I'm concerned on any available temp labor I can seek out for anything cash. Or at least some way to get food in me. That's my main concern for any money; is to get food. I have habits, but they really should be going without support. My mind needs a little cleansing.

Any help would be sweet.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Can try the mega ant hill (quartzite, az). It'll be at least a million strong with old and very wealthy RV'ers and a whole bunch of flea market vending.

Muu

Reaction score
the slabs were pretty sweet last year when i rolled through. make sure to check out quartzite for the gem show each january to make some cash, money is a tough thing to come by there.

nati

Reaction score
if u talk tothe right people the older people in the slabs always need work done and have money to pay u just gotta find the right person

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads