For Sale Slab city property (1 Viewer)

Potatos

Lurker
Current Location
Slab city ,ca
Has a nice underground hut with palm fronds front wall out door BBQ and full garden area about .25 acre. With water tank and outhouse can even throw in a slab dog .message me for more pic .asking 200$ could even throw in a solar pannel. Ready to make money good location marked nlon Google maps as a business. Can't reveil to much to quick .trailer would be extra

Attachments

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Kilo

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
You cant sell property at a FREE LOCATION! Thats why people go there! To escape the need for money and look out for other people! Im going to live there for free when i show up. Quit charging for free shit! fuk face

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
nowhere important
the .25 acre is free, but 200 bones seems like a prudent price for the work and materials they've put in to make it a lot more than barren land

MetalBryan

Pilgrim
Current Location
Washington, DC
I feel equally passionate about these three things:
1. I want to buy this property so I can be a slumlord from 3,000M away. I'd call every month to yell at the occupant for not paying their FREE rent and also check up on things that I'm not going to fix.
2. This posting will likely generate an interesting discussion.
3. This is one of those topics that when discussed someone gets banned, so there's that to look forward to.

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
Maybe they are joking, selling this hot business location to a bunch of folks with no $? Are there many businesses there?

I would suggest any buyers pay with home-made money.

OP
Potatos

Potatos

Lurker
Current Location
Slab city ,ca
There are lots of on the side business hear everything from hostels,bars air BNB nightly rentals ,water services .and people sell each other camps all day long hear .no you technical don't own the land it's the spot and the stuff you pay for .come hear and just moven in a empty slab or a seameling empty camp that's "owned " buy someone not hear and see how quick people flip out . actual slabs and camp trade from m an 8ball to houndreds of dollars depending on location band what ya have built up .

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
Aha; so not a joke, but a person seeking to replicate capitalist, or perhaps neo-feudal, property relations in what is hyped as an autonomous zone. Although this is apparently false according to OP, and private property is alive and well at Slab City and safe from anarchist expropriators:

lots of on the side business hear everything from hostels,bars air BNB nightly rentals ,water services .and people sell each other camps all day long hear
Which Ayn Rand book is actually your favorite, Comrade Potatos?

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
There are lots of on the side business hear everything from hostels,bars air BNB nightly rentals ,water services .and people sell each other camps all day long hear .no you technical don't own the land it's the spot and the stuff you pay for .come hear and just moven in a empty slab or a seameling empty camp that's "owned " buy someone not hear and see how quick people flip out . actual slabs and camp trade from m an 8ball to houndreds of dollars depending on location band what ya have built up .
just because 'everyone else is doing it' doesn't justify selling out.

oh wait, im sorry, you're not selling out, you're 'buying in'.

this has been a disturbing trend in the slabs over the past 5 years or so, people selling land they don't even own. pretty much goes against everything the place was built upon and it's going to be the death of slab city one day.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
If a space is empty and no one there for a long period of time it's fair game. Damn if this is what slabs is becoming...?? sounds more like a Favela in Rio with slum lords practicing extortion.

I wouldn't pay OP a penny...

blank

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Southern GA
I am selling the Atlantic ocean for $50. Any takers? Great investment opportunity.

Jerrell

Rambler
Current Location
South of Branson
I feel kinda bad for the genius that buys this and abandons it five minutes into summer.

Props to the person(s) that gets some free materials when said genius bails tho!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok I had to wait to get off work to reply to this amazing thread.

@Potatos the issue with this, is that if everyone in the slabs started selling spots because of the work they have put into them, it would become nothing more than a glorified trailer park.

Paying money for an item, essentially comes with the intention of owning it. The entire anarchistic idea behind the slabs is that no one owns the land, and therefore it is perfect for people to OCCUPY the land for however long they choose, essentially creating a livable space to better themselves, and hopefully, others. To live outside of capitalist control, to set up their own community, one that does not require money to be apart of, if thou so choose.

The entire idea that you are charging for a 'spot' can attract the winds of government authorities who seek to hunt down property fraud, illegal land transactions, and (God forbid) that the state is actually the owner of the slabs in the first place, and attracting attention to money being made off land their is a stupid fucking idea.

This has been an unsung law in the slabs for a long time. And I've only been there 3 times. So, if I know that......if you would have just said you have a trailer for sale for 200 bucks and the spot can be yours to take over, this would be a completely different issue.

Hopefully this helps you understand the folly of trying to sell land in the slabs.

Sincerely,

Coywolf

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Current Location
Slab City, Ca
Lmfao... I'm dying here and it's because you're all fucking confused. I had to bust out my laptop to type this response because it's gonna require all ten fingers.

Okay.

The original proposition of selling that hut at this time of year is frankly, quite laughable. There are loads of developed camps that people are basically begging others to occupy for the season that they may actually have a fighting chance to survive in. You're not going to sell it to anyone, people have plenty of abandoned camps to pick apart while they wait for you to abandon yours.

If you fill it with trash to spite Slabs for not buying back the salvage you dragged out of it, I will not fucking forget who you are and what you did. Others will take note of it as well.

And to the rest of you having a goober-ass anarchist theory circle jerk or speculating on the fabled "fall of the way of slab life" or some ideology you've formulated, consider this; if it sells, who gives a shit? Some individual handed dollars to another individual for a pile of crap that they could have just waited for. People have done that since forever. People are dumb. It doesn't hurt you, and chances are fair in this climate, both of those entities will fuck off and leave the rest to me... I mean the scavengers who may or may not be me...

Are there places in Slabs that have been sold and are worth the price they were paid? Hell fucking yeah. People aren't selling deeds to land on some bullshit ass government papers, they're bequeathing their physical occupation of a developed camp which can sustain its occupant. They're selling the structure, the location, oftentimes an actual business with amenities and a pre-existing clientele.

Inb4: but you cant do that its not true anarchy and its uughghhhggfhgjgjhk
Anarchy isn't your personal ideological hopes and dreams. It manifests itself in whatever way works for an individual acting autonomously.

OP
Potatos

Potatos

Lurker
Current Location
Slab city ,ca
And the hut and a huge vegie garder is all I'm selling or.tradingn. wasntrying to help anyone.out who may want.a very heat deflection house and substabial garden .but I can take it all apart and move it.to my new spot I'm taking over .and is in no way worng to leave it the way we found it .

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Current Location
Slab City, Ca
If you cleaned it up and you're putting forth physical effort to trash it again, yes that is wrong. Take the supplies for all anyone cares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

The peavine is gorgeous, I highly recommend that route.
Fucking winter snuck up this year
Damn It! I've been thinking and debating about applying for a position as an Amtrash locomotive engineer! They have openings for Salt Lake City, UT and St. Cloud, MN. I know I got to go through training but I'll be on call 24/7? There goes my sex life and night time weekend parties! Screw that, I'll play with my train set-No Pun=No Joke!
Made back up into Cincy for the weekend. Gonna chill with some homies before we head west for the winter..
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.' -Elie Wiesel
Bey
First Vermont snowfall; Bon hiver, everybody!
anybody up in alaska wanna play some tunes?
Supposed Mocha wrote on Chimpsarereal's profile.
Oh youre already in MI! I feel dense now, I'm in GR myself and could meet around here or West MI

Staff online