Photos Slab City Library 2018 update (1 Viewer)

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
This past winter season at SCL has been INTENSE. Mostly in a great way. We've had ups, some downs and were thrown a few loops. Overall, I feel like we've grown quite a lot. This is the first summer since I've re-established the place that it's been able to continue running without me for an extended amount of time and I am super grateful. A lot of what's happened would never have been possible if it weren't for @Matt Derrick's vision and the participation of squattheplanet as a whole. I've got to say that I'm honored to have the privilege of being part of the community.

I spent three straight years occupying the Library with @Caveman118. This summer, @VikingAdventurer and @dumpsterpanda are taking on the challenge and I have a lot of faith in them to utilize what's been built and maybe even build it up more.

So I'm just gonna post some pictures of the library and crew this past season and if you have any, I invite you share some as well. (Also, feel free to tag folks, I don't know most of your usernames, sorry :p)
gopr2968-jpg.42244
gopr3001-jpg.42245
gopr2981-jpg.42246
gopr2993-jpg.42247
gopr3003-jpg.42248
g0053172-jpg.42257
dscn0258-jpg.42258
28238530_10215969851858476_3614673813040402297_o-jpg.42259

Last edited:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
I feel like there was a ridiculous reason for me staring so intently at that fly strip. Or maybe I'm just being naturally weird, again. Either way, excellent photos!

blue ant

Wanderer
I'm immensely grateful to the rest of library crew for whopping me into shape and making sure I didn't kill myself out in the desert, as well as for being great friends and companions. I don't know if I'll be back there next winter—I probably have bigger and better things to attend to—but you guys will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm sure I can track some of you down next Summer.

I've been hearing rumors for a few months that the Libary was abandoned in slab city, was it true? I only something the owner of it left slab city or something. Can anyone back me up about this?

blue ant

Wanderer
Corneli
I've been hearing rumors for a few months that the Libary was abandoned in slab city, was it true? I only something the owner of it left slab city or something. Can anyone back me up about this?
Cornelius Vango left the library in the charge of VikingAdventurer for the summer. It's still up and running.
Source: I was there.

OP
Cornelius Vango

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
No you wouldn't. There's a reason everyone leaves for the summer. And I'm the "owner". I wouldn't abandon it. I'm keeping tabs on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $30.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $30.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $30.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $30.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.