Slab City appears in GTA V as "Stab City" | Squat the Planet

Slab City appears in GTA V as "Stab City"

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So I'm watching my friend play GTA V today and suddenly I realize that he's in the middle of a gun battle at "the range" in slab city!!!

0_0.jpg

I made him take a screenshot, and as you can see, it's fairly true to the actual place

fromphone-069.jpg

so i thought that was pretty funny. obviously some of the rockstar staff has been to slab city... er, i mean "stab city"

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
yeah i played it and found a ufo themed salvation mountain halfway across the map from the rest of the"stabs". most of the county surrounding LA is based upon the salton sea.
ekuhJte.jpg

good thing or a bad thing? I dunno. I thought it was cool in the game though.

Attachments

• ekuhJte.jpg
    ekuhJte.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 24,041

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Damn, that's pretty awesome, I didn't know about that. I'll have to go find it :) i

I got a big kick out of coming across it in the game and I like that they have that kind of attention to detail at least :)

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Yeah, we have this game. You can hop freight trains too, but you cant go in the box cars or anything like that, just ride it around the "State".

Yeah, I've noticed all kinds of things on that game that I've seen in Cali, it's neat, and not many people would have picked up on it unless they've been there. Good eye Matt, I haven't made it to that point yet, and I dont' have time to watch my kids play.

D

deleted user

GTA has always had a great scence of cultural awareness. Like in GTA 4 when they had the commercial about the zoning laws/civil servant video game, it was hilariously accurate about long island's segregating zoning laws. I swear the guys that make the commercials in those games leave me weezing

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads