Skanks: Train-Core ranking system or Traveler identifier?

Dreaux

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So, in my yuppie days as a vocalist for various rock bands, I wore a bandanna around my neck for fashion.

Since becoming a traveler, I've come to understand the 'skank' as a way to identify our kind.

Others say there's a color coded system do identify the miles traveled by train.

I still wear mine (not hopping on a train yet) as a way to identify myself from home bums. Nothing like an 'OI!!' from a random kid in any city to suddenly connect with a stranger in this culture and have a new friend with knowedge and info on wherever you may be.

Opinions?

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Idk. I've always had a bandanna on my neck. Even before I was into punk or anything. Just pulled it up to keep my hair off. Wipe sweat away, keep wind off my face, snow off my face... Just tons of reasons

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i hate the term skanks. and different colors to identify how many miles you've ridden is just another way to give people the high hat and show off how much "cooler" you are than everyone else. fuck that shit.

Katniss

Reaction score
First I've heard of it. So, what's the theory, dirty kids buy skanks in the right color, to establish cred? Ha. Hahahah.

All of mine were kickdowns or groundscores.

Reactions: sketchytravis

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads