Banned shred till yer dead asks to banned (1 Viewer)

shred till yer dead

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I’m done with this bullshit site run by the “king of the anarchist” (works for tha man and pays taxes) and his squad of keyboard nazis please ban me and make it a whole thread in your little den of the banned to show how cool and relative you are and if anyone knows me hit me up on my phone and for the rest of you who will forever be leaving tomorrow fuck you stay home get a job and anyone who wants to ask me more personal questions about what I’ve said here come find me and we can fight about it like train kids used to (none of you will) I’m done contributing to all of you infants who need the info shoved down your throat

Fuck y’all please bannnnnnnnnn me

And Matt just before you get to it don’t make some dumbass den of the banned post about how I asked for it and everything if you have anything smart to say say it to me next time I’m where you live I’d be happy to let you know when I’m there next(cuz I stay moving unlike all of you fucks)!!!

Later

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
shred till yer dead

shred till yer dead

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Also way to plagiarize almost all of your guide to train hopping (you’ve done very little of) from huck I remember him writing a very similar guide and it being sticky threaded years ago....... but no thank you now

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
looks like you had a disagreement with someone IRL and decided to take it out on me/StP/the staff or whatever. i could honestly care less, since your accusations actually kind of made me chuckle a little. sorry you decided to have a little fit and blame us for your problems.

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
King of the Anarchists eh?
That's a new one. Kind of an oxymoron but still so regal! Does that mean I get to be the Duchess of Anarchists? How about some other titles for other folks too! Maybe the Chancellor of Rubbertramps? The Bishop of Bike Tourists? The Grand Vizier of Greyhound Stations?

I can go all day with this.

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
Dalai Lama of Dirty Kids
Empress of Expressways
Chieftain of Trainhoppers
Fuhrer of Free Rides
High Priestess of Hitch Hikers
Sultan of Squatters
Commander of Crust Punks
President of Protestors

I can go on. Trust.

Guy with forum on the internet writes book based off what's been posted on said forum over the past two decades.

Random guy from reddit: "you plagiarized that"

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
Governor of Gutterpunks
Alderman of Anarchy
Mayor of Malarkey
Congressman of Kickdowns
Princess of Pissjugs
Sovereign of Schoolies
Justice of Jankem
Brigadier General of Boot Rot
Colonel of Crack Spanging
Viceroy of Body Lice
Lieutenant of Loose Change
Sargent of Sidewalk Slams
Duke of Puke
Boss of Boofin It

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Governor of Gutterpunks
Alderman of Anarchy
Mayor of Malarkey
Congressman of Kickdowns
Princess of Pissjugs
Sovereign of Schoolies
Justice of Jankem
Brigadier General of Boot Rot
Colonel of Crack Spanging
Viceroy of Body Lice
Lieutenant of Loose Change
Sargent of Sidewalk Slams
Duke of Puke
Boss of Boofin It
i feel like these could be livery titles for characters in your hobos and dumpsters game. or maybe like levels of achievements or something like that.

Jerrell

Vagabond
I feel what he's saying. I've had conversations with him and other members out here on the road, and at leaat a couple mods.
Spacey is a good friend that actually still travels. He's not some homebum. (No offense to local homebums, but this is a travel forum) Love that dude and I'd put my life in his hands anytime, anywhere.

Yhat said, some housed up people do get testy on this site and act as if they are the only ones that deal with stress on the daily.
I fucking hate being housed up and understand how it affects me and I've observed from afar shifts in attitudes when others get housed up.
I understand the whole we're really trying, this is Matt's baby, etc. arguments and accept those 100%.
I was going to bring a lot of this up at Jambo because so much gets lost just writing on a forum. Like have a real face to face conversation about how shit gets perceived.
Sometimes the site feels like the cool kids table and if you speak out of turn or have a bad month, then you're out. Forever.
I already know all the auto-responses to this.
And Spacey asked to be banned, I know.
And this probably isn't the right thread for finally saying something on the record, I just don't care anymore.

It all feels so fucking petty.

Most mods here have at least met me. Hell, there's one sleeping 10 feet away from me.
I've definitely met and/or traveled with plenty of people that still use this site. (And some that quit or have been banned for whatever reasons because I don't live in a vacuum)
Y'all know I'm a level headed person that rarely speaks my mind, but damn.

And that's no drunken 2am rant.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I feel what he's saying. I've had conversations with him and other members out here on the road, and at leaat a couple mods.
Spacey is a good friend that actually still travels. He's not some homebum. (No offense to local homebums, but this is a travel forum) Love that dude and I'd put my life in his hands anytime, anywhere.

Yhat said, some housed up people do get testy on this site and act as if they are the only ones that deal with stress on the daily.
I fucking hate being housed up and understand how it affects me and I've observed from afar shifts in attitudes when others get housed up.
I understand the whole we're really trying, this is Matt's baby, etc. arguments and accept those 100%.
I was going to bring a lot of this up at Jambo because so much gets lost just writing on a forum. Like have a real face to face conversation about how shit gets perceived.
Sometimes the site feels like the cool kids table and if you speak out of turn or have a bad month, then you're out. Forever.
I already know all the auto-responses to this.
And Spacey asked to be banned, I know.
And this probably isn't the right thread for finally saying something on the record, I just don't care anymore.

It all feels so fucking petty.

Most mods here have at least met me. Hell, there's one sleeping 10 feet away from me.
I've definitely met and/or traveled with plenty of people that still use this site. (And some that quit or have been banned for whatever reasons because I don't live in a vacuum)
Y'all know I'm a level headed person that rarely speaks my mind, but damn.

And that's no drunken 2am rant.
i respect what you're saying, but what's the solution?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
The solution is we listen to peoples concerns/complaints. We need to check our egos and accept criticism as it's intended(constructive)instead of taking any shred of criticism as a personal attack. Probably a few other things we could work on too but that would be a good place to start. Also, I'm not above any of this. I said "we" for a reason.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Also- Thank you Jerrell, that was powerful. I don't imagine that was an easy thing to say but I'm glad you said it. I think there's many more that feel the same way but they're afraid to speak up because they see how quickly a MFer gets cancelled here going too hard against the grain. They value this site/community and they don't want to lose it so they keep that shit inside.

We need to be able to have the hard discussions. We need to be able to say the things that aren't easy to say. The people voicing those things need to be heard, not muted/banned. I think we need to revamp the banning system. It's like we're using deadly force when we should practice restraint and maybe try muting before banning. And maybe try to hear people out more before muting them.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
The solution is we listen to peoples concerns/complaints. We need to check our egos and accept criticism as it's intended(constructive)instead of taking any shred of criticism as a personal attack. Probably a few other things we could work on too but that would be a good place to start. Also, I'm not above any of this. I said "we" for a reason.
i don't have an issue with that except when they're wrong. we can't just assume every complaint is 100% valid. then anyone can literally say anything they want about how we run things and we have to do what they say? fuck that. im not here to put in the amount of work i do to be bullied by people that have put in no work whatsoever.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
We need to be able to have the hard discussions. We need to be able to say the things that aren't easy to say. The people voicing those things need to be heard, not muted/banned. I think we need to revamp the banning system. It's like we're using deadly force when we should practice restraint and maybe try muting before banning. And maybe try to hear people out more before muting them.
the staff also has the right to not have to take other people's shit. the way things are right now, anyone can sign up for an account and have an equal say in how we run things, no matter how psychotic their opinions might be.

as things stand, i work this website as a 2nd job, 100% for free, and im tired of getting bossed around by people that have literally done nothing for this community except make a few posts.

if you want to have input on how things are run here you need to put work into this community. how we establish that is another question entirely.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
i don't have an issue with that except when they're wrong. we can't just assume every complaint is 100% valid. then anyone can literally say anything they want about how we run things and we have to do what they say? fuck that. im not here to put in the amount of work i do to be bullied by people that have put in no work whatsoever.

That's fair. But that kind of feels like cherry picking in a sense. I'm not saying every single complaint is valid. But how often do we take complaints well? To me it feels like we almost never do. It feels like we nearly always consider any negative feedback invalid. The only times it seems like it's accepted is when it's coming from one of the "cool kids at the table". Jerrell is way deeper intertwined with us than say an OTD, so when Jerrell says it we're like ok, how do we fix this? But when a Spacey or an OTD or a Roughdraft or any other member of the site that maybe isn't as closely tied into our personal circle says more or less the same thing(perhaps not as eloquently as Jerrell has) it gets shot down. That's just how I see it. I ain't saying my point of view is right and yours isn't. I wouldn't have any way of knowing that for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.