Should I stay or should I go???

Hary

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Registered to StP like a week ago and it will be a month now since I came in Budapest. I have always felt like there is something I do not like about all this go to work thing and wanted to get out of it. I think you know how that feels. So I got me a job in Budapest and since I arrived in here I have this feeling like I should just dont give a shit a leave as soon as I can and hit the road. Because I feel like the real life is waiting out there. On the other hand there is something tellin me I should stay but inside I know that if I stay I could never get to leaving again.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

roguetrader

Reaction score
do it man, especially if you're young with no responsibilities - if you follow the mainstream way of living and get stuck on the treadmill working full time to buy a house and pay for a fancy car you'll probably NEVER do any serious travelling…. even if you find that you don't enjoy the travelling lifestyle, well at least you'll have given it a shot….

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
DOes that mean you are HUNGARY for travel???? ::pompus::::pompus::::pompus::

Do it man, I have no idea about europe though....

Preacher

Reaction score
I "took off" at 46, in spring of 2015. This is after 15 years in IT, a lot of depression, loss, anger and frustration. I was a broken man. I literally threw my world into dumpsters and went. I rubbertramped with my grown son. It's tough out there as any traveler can tell you, but when you're down to just worrying bout your next meal or where you're going to sleep month after month you get in such a different mind-set then where you were when you were "in society". Next year? Next month? Shit, you can't hardly plan for tomorrow. You learn to appreciate the little bit you have. You start to look around you and notice things you took for granted or blended into the background before. Hot water. A beautiful sunrise. Ice cubes. You start to get your priorities where they SHOULD be. Not where television and youtube tells you they should be. I can't say I'm a better person, but I can say I'm not broken anymore.

I came back home about a month and a half ago. I just got a job offer with a multinational conglomerate making more money then I ever have in my entire life and I'm almost 50 and homeless. Is taking off right for you? Maybe. It was for me.

Reactions: Ticklebiscuits

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Cheers guys. I guess that I am hungry for big adventure. And it seems like everything around is just screaming leave now...LOL
what are you waiting for

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads