should I stay or should I go?

Honey badge

Reaction score
So my plan was to hitch down I95 from western Massachusetts, get to jacksonville FL and then go west. however, I ended up in miami and I've been apparently adopted by this trucker who wants to get an apartment for me and help me get a job and go to school. I've been here since thanksgiving, looking for work, but idk if I really want to stay. what do I do?

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob

Honey badge

Reaction score
So my plan was to hitch down I95 from western Massachusetts, get to jacksonville FL and then go west. however, I ended up in miami and I've been apparently adopted by this trucker who wants to get an apartment for me and help me get a job and go to school. I've been here since thanksgiving, looking for work, but idk if I really want to stay. what do I do?
any one know of any cool places around miami? or is it all rich touristy shit?

• Haha

Mongo

Reaction score
You've painted a strange picture. Personally I would tell him thanks and all and then dip out If traveling was my main motive. Unless you want to save some money. is he paying for the apartment and for how long? You also got to question if he has an ulterior motive but that might just be the cynic in me.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
You also got to question if he has an ulterior motive but that might just be the cynic in me.

who said the trucker was a he? maybe it's some hot cougar that likes to house up dirty travelin kids and service them by the pool for all we know... :)

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob and cookacat

Mongo

Reaction score
Th
who said the trucker was a he? maybe it's some hot cougar that likes to house up dirty travelin kids and service them by the pool for all we know... :)

Force of habit, I was actually questioning the sex and age of both parties, for all I know they might be 60 year old transsexuals with a crack addiction and into BDSM, anything's game. :p

Joni

Reaction score

"never look a gift horse in the mouth"

if someone wants to adopt you as there own go for it if that's what both of you want. there is nothing morally wrong with it. The trick is that you have to decide for you if that's the path you want to walk.

hope this helps...
-joni

MFB

Reaction score
I'm all for education and such...but Miami is such a ugly place.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
what do you want to study in school?

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for education and such...but Miami is such a ugly place.
I'm with MFB then, Fuck Miami. It's overcrowded, crime-ridden, polluted, and full of pretentious upperclass fake people. There are some good schools there I've heard. but since you are only interested in getting a free place to stay - fuck, you could do that ANYWHERE.

kidbob

Reaction score
When I'm plagued with the ol' should I stay or should I go question I have learned this ABOUT ME..if I have asked my self this question 1 time I've asked it too many and its time to go.I have already made up my mind that's why i asked my self the question.the real question is whos feelings am I trying not to hurt.after that's established the question of SHOULD turns into a statement of WHEN.

Now as far as ur adoption goes think about this...this trucker adopted u with the intent of improving ur level of life and HELPing u further ur education.when they found u.u where doing exactly what u wanted to be doing.u where living ur life on ur own terms.what are u doing now? Are u still on ur own terms.are u still getting to ur destination or have u reached it? Just some things that helped me a time or two.

Reactions: Honey badge

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads