Should I Go? | Squat the Planet

Should I Go?

ThatKid

Reaction score
My best friends are moving down to the coast to get jobs during the tourist season. He's got a camper down there. Well, it's him and his girl and they really want me to move with them. His girl has a job waiting for her, and the spot we'd be staying at is dirt cheap, so they'd be good on money. Though they promised to support me while I look for a job.

These are my best friends, and I'd love to go with them, but I've got a lot tying me down. I've got a lot of pets (that wouldn't be able to come with me) and a mushroom grow in progress.

There are no jobs where I'm at right now, so this might be a great opportunity, but I've got so much tying me down.

Should I go?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
What kind of pets are you talking about? I just enjoyed my first shroom growing thing - it was fun and plan on more. But serious - what are the pets you are talking about? btw - love the dead fly avatar. I have a few of these in my back pocket as well - I go on a dead fly art spree on the many forums I'm on hehe

ThatKid

Reaction score
As far as the pets, I've got a shit-ton of fish, a 5ft Boa Constrictor, and a pedigreed hunting dog.

I talked with them today and thought I might wait for my shrooms to finish up and use that money to meet up with them.

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
I would go for it man. I wouldn't risk the illegal drug running when you could go and be taken care of. I know it sucks, I had to couch hop and have my friends take care of me for two years before I was able to land a job. It sounds like an opportunity. The fish probably won't be too hurt by your departure, I don't know how well snakes connect with humans,
but leaving a dog behind, thats hard.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, is this your first time with the mushies? cause unless you're 100% sure they were sterilized correctly, there's a decent chance they'll all come out fucked up, in which case you wasted your time anyways.

i vote that you should go with your friends.

Reactions: arianaholland1

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Try craigslist for the fish and snake - be good though on who gets them. Lots of stupid people out there. Dog, sigh, again - be good on placement if dog can't go with you. Wish I were closer - I'd take the snake.

ThatKid

Reaction score
So, My old man is gonna watch my critters for me. My friends are leaving in the morning, and I'll be headed that way in a couple of days.

Should be fun.

I'll be giving busking a try for the first time while I'm down there, which is something I've always wanted to do. Also, I won't be too awful far from NOLA, so I can check it out like I've always planned.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads