Should hitchhiking out of dallas be this hard? (1 Viewer)

Kikin

Lurker
I’m in Dallas and been trying to hitch and train hop out of here but nobody’s offering a ride to me just wondering if it just me out here not getting any luck

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
I suspect many hitchhikers are having a harder time since covid. You know.. that whole social distancing thing. I think a lot of people do their best to distance from people unless absolutely necessary and they probably feel like putting a random stranger in their car isn't exactly necessary. I'd probably make a sign that says "tested negative for covid, still positively need a ride" or something along those lines. Maybe make yourself a cardboard hazmat suit. People get a chuckle out of stupid props. Laughs get rides. Just be creative.

Bushpig

Wanderer
Shit. Just seeing this now. Dallas fucking sucked to get out of. I ended up walking the interstate two days before reaching a truck stop that let me hitch. No luck there, but staff were nice. I ended up taking a bus. I found close to three hundred bucks one morning (no wallet or cards. Just a bunch of twenties and singles spread out on the side of the highway) and that was more than the price of a ticket. I suggest (to anyone) that you just get as far from Dallas as possible before seriously thumbing.

Ft worth and hop out is my only advise... ive heard stories about Dallas sucking for travelers, I’ve been traveling more on than off for 17 years and only ever been around the ft worth hop out with its aggressive home bums and the Dallas greyhound station with its somehow more aggressive home bums.. I have love for Texas but I’ve pretty much always avoided that area.. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.