Short-term Food Not Bombs Activist Residency in Washington, DC. (1 Viewer)

MetalBryan

Wayfarer
Hometown
Washington, DC
From the Washington DC Food Not Bombs facebook page:

Short-term Activist Residency Available in Washington, DC.

Sponsored by DC Food Not Bombs in February. Stay in close proximity to innumerable events suited to your individual, progressive political agenda. Ample space to work on creative projects. Message us with dates that work for you in February and a list of what you'd like to accomplish. Based on the length of your stay, there may be a nominal utilities fee. Based on the volume of responses, we may not be able to reply to everyone.

If you want to reply to me here on StP, I'll forward it on.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Minnie

Lurker
Hometown
Australia
wicked initiative!! i’ve been involved in fnb in several cities in aus over the past few years and would love for one of the groups to be big enough to do something like this. you’re crew must be strong af, well done! if i ever get my arse on a plane i’ll keep DC in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I hope that y'all are good and safe wherever you may happen to be. Take care of yourselves, may the wind always be at your back <3
When Democrat and Republican politicians argue and fuck up so badly we end up taking 1st place in Plague Inc irl:

So, here's something great! After finally saying NO to eating carbs and sugar this morning (since that's mostly all there is to eat at home) and instead bought and ate vegetables, I actually don't have cravings anymore!

All I've eaten today is two sweet potatoes and some broccoli, and I don't have any food cravings, and I'm not lethargic!
Matt Derrick wrote on snailormoon's profile.
aww i really like your new profile picture.
Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.
Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick