Shoplifting (1 Viewer)

Ruben16

Lurker
Current Location
Kansas
Hello I was caught shoplifting at Walmart surrendered the property like they asked and left without their permission before they got my name or anything will I be alright or what should I be looking at?

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

blank

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Southern GA
If they didn't get your info you'll be fine. Maybe don't go back to that Walmart.

Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
I would not go back there. More likely they have you on video and probably printed a still shot so management and their loss prevention officers will be on the lookout in case you come back.

I use to work loss prevention which I hated it but I bet if you came back in two years they probably forgot what you look like because the tons of pictures of other shoplifters, changes in management personnel and new loss prevention officers.

My ex-girlfriend got caught at Walmart and came back to the same store four months later and didn't get caught for trespassing, probably because she dyes her hair and wore a disguise lol she did this at the same Goodwill store too and never got caught coming back.

But best not to go back and any other Walmarts in the area because they will distribute a picture of you.

Last edited:

TravelinMags

Current Location
Anywhere and everywhere
Don't know how true this is... but I've heard that Wal-Mart has facial recognition on their cameras. Someone told me they even go as far as to try and add up over time the cost of everything you've ever been seen on camera stealing, then only arrest you when it get over a certain monetary value and they can charge you with a felony.
Like I said, no idea how accurate the whole thing is. I know people that have been boosting from there for over a decade and have never been caught. Just be careful I guess

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
I've heard that Wal-Mart has facial recognition on their cameras. Someone told me they even go as far as to try and add up over time the cost of everything you've ever been seen on camera stealing, then only arrest you when it get over a certain monetary value and they can charge you with a felony.
on a technical level that is far beyond walmart's capability, and is therefore most definitely false.

not trying to bag on ya, just saying, if the government still can't get facial recognition to work properly in airports, walmart sure as shit can't afford to use any kind of facial recognition that means anything or wouldn't be exorbitantly expensive.

xjamestravisx

Lurker
Current Location
Richmond, VA
Website
www.instagram.com
I used to work at Walmart. At that time (13 years ago), each store budgeted to lose 100,000 in property per day or week or whatever. They don’t actually give a shit. Just don’t go back to that one.

Current Location
Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA
Don't know how true this is... but I've heard that Wal-Mart has facial recognition on their cameras. Someone told me they even go as far as to try and add up over time the cost of everything you've ever been seen on camera stealing, then only arrest you when it get over a certain monetary value and they can charge you with a felony.
Like I said, no idea how accurate the whole thing is. I know people that have been boosting from there for over a decade and have never been caught. Just be careful I guess
This is correct, I have heard several people mention this and from personal experience from stealing blank gift cards, they are all over my ass soon after I enter any Wal-Mart store

texastraveler

Current Location
Texas
This is correct, I have heard several people mention this and from personal experience from stealing blank gift cards, they are all over my ass soon after I enter any Wal-Mart store
What did you steal blank cards for? I used to do it, check codes, replace the cards and try rhe codes daily but no success

Current Location
Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA
What did you steal blank cards for? I used to do it, check codes, replace the cards and try rhe codes daily but no success
If you use a brand new razor blade it's possible to peel back the scratch off coating, record the card number and the pin and push the coating back into place and put back on the shelf (I prefer to plant them on the stack at customer service so when boosters do their returns, the cards I put there get loaded first and fast too) and just use the app to check them daily. There is another scam involving gift cards, but it is still in play so I am not willing to share it at this point.
PS - Also using the 1800 number to check the balance on them seems to hang up on you after checking too many cards in a row, so that's why I recommend using the app.

roguetrader

Wanderer
Current Location
Exeter, United Kingdom
friend of mine was robbin' a bottle of whiskey every Sunday morning from the same store - he would push a baby stroller around, drop the bottle on the rainshield then rolling it back quick smart to hide the evidence - anyway the security people clocked him doing this every week, and when it got to 6 or 8 or 10 or whatever number of times they pounced on him for multiple counts of shoplifting - so @TravelinMags has got a point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Anyone have tips for cool chill spots dwntwn jacksonville,
Heading up to NYC soon. Gotta start from scratch again and been getting the itch to go somewhere anyways.
Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?

Staff online