Serious condensation in the mornings

Z

zipty6425

So I'm back in Arkansas for a minute... Picked up a camper shell in Kansas so I could live in my truck while I was there... Anyways long story short, reason I was there turned to shit, so I had no reason to stay... Anyways, I took the long way back to Arkansas and I love having this shell on my truck bed!!! It beats the hell out of walking, and it's sooo much more comfortable than sleeping in the cab... But as soon as the sun hits the outside of the shell between 8-10 in the morning, water drips like crazy all over everything... What's the solution to that?

Sent from my Z716BL using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

K

Kim Chee

IMG_2327.JPG

Z

zipty6425

This cold weather ain't no joke. Winters a monster. Man I don't know how them dudes van dwell in Canada. The cold makes everything harder. Even going pee. I keep a gallon jug in here so I don't have to go outside... But shit man I got boxers, thermals, pants, two shits, a hoodie and a jacket on.. When it gets real cold, that thing ain't hardly long enough to reach thru all 5 layers... I'm digging around ya know... Where is it? I know your in there!!! Come out straight and stand up... It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Once you get it pulled out finally, don't miss the bottle... You'd be sleeping in a wet bed tonight.

todd

Reaction score
Last edited:

jack boy

Reaction score
Having the same experience in Indiana. We're bundled up with the layers. A Mr. Heater portable buddy propane heater seems to keep the air pretty dry but the rear emergency exit door of the bus is still dripping condensation. We were planning on heading south to Arkansas hoping it would be a bit warmer.

G

Grubblin

The damp rid that's already been posted works well for me. With that size of a sleeping area you may want to get two. Also if you can vent your sleeping area as much as you can stand with the cold that'll help.

Honky Lips

Reaction score
101-119 Tribble Gap Rd, Cumming, GA 30040, USA
Vent... it's your breath condensing. I've also burned a candle all night in my car and that prevented all the windows freezing over on the inside while I slept. Foggy windows are a dead giveaway when stealth camping in your car.
My plan is to install a computer cooling fan(2 actually) where The internal vents are. One in one out. I've got a extra battery in my car & im going to make it so the fans run just enough to exchange the air when I'm asleep. All cars have hidden vents built in for when you slam the door shut with the windows up. For a camper shell you could install a rv type roof vent & let some hot air escape as needed without drawing attention to yourself.... and Damprid is harmful to breath btw.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
This cold weather ain't no joke. Winters a monster. Man I don't know how them dudes van dwell in Canada. The cold makes everything harder. Even going pee. I keep a gallon jug in here so I don't have to go outside... But shit man I got boxers, thermals, pants, two shits, a hoodie and a jacket on.. When it gets real cold, that thing ain't hardly long enough to reach thru all 5 layers... I'm digging around ya know... Where is it? I know your in there!!! Come out straight and stand up... It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Once you get it pulled out finally, don't miss the bottle... You'd be sleeping in a wet bed tonight.

Oh my fuking gawd dude - I'm rolling here - I'm so sorry ya can't find it cause it's so cold but oh man I can understand the cold and have camped in the snow and wtf I don't want to go out there but I have too but oh the grasping down into the layers to find it - LOL - I'm sorry - but I do hope things get better.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads