Serbian cevapcici - How To

Current Location
Greece
Website
www.unik.ink
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
This is one of the most delicious serbian foods and certanly something that everyone deserves to try in their lifetime))) Well that being said lets get to work, the ingredients you will be needing are quite simple. You need to use 70% beef and 30% lamb meat and a few cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt.

Cut the meat into small square pieces around 2x2cm.
Cut to pieces 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and boil it in small amount of water(round 100ml).
Then mix together and let stay in freezer overnight.
Grind the meat twice and leave it on room temperature for a few hours.
Next step is to create the traditional cevapcici form out of ground meat you can use a plastic bottle cut in half and use your fingers to press the meat in, it should come out thru the drinking hole which is about 2cm thick which is ideal for cevapcici, length can be any but i reccomend around finger length.
Final step is to fire up some barbecue, put beef or pig fat on the bars and grill the meat on strong heat until its done.
Note* cevapcici need to be very slightly raw on the inside when you split them, must not be overgrilled and dry.
If you dont have barbecue you can fry in a pan but again best to use beef or pig fat but you can use butter or good quality oil.
Serve fresh and warm with onions and warm bread.Good idea to add some kajmak. (yogurt is really nice too with this meat).
Also awesome combination is cevapcici + fried potatoes + onions and with or without bread
Very simple to prepare if you have some meat and a freezer and very very tasty
You can find it in Belgrade old town, or famous tourist destinations in Serbia, its awesome, extremely tasty, and everyone is going nuts about it!
Try it out!
cevapi.jpg
che_vapi_by_dracula385.jpg

Current Location
St. Paul, Mn
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Looks good and not to hard to make!

palmazon

Doppelgängster
StP Supporter
Current Location
La Habra, CA
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Basically ‘little kebab’ - hand-rolled (skinless) sausage. Every time I’m tempted to turn vegan, these little flavor bombs rope me right back into omnivory...

Latest Status Updates

Filling the void one train at a time
Needing a ride from Spokane to the 84 E asap
Okay Pagosa Springs. Whatcha got for me? Wally World parking lot perhaps?
Looking for a ride from Phoenix AZ to Porterville CA flexible on when.
I've finally updated the StP Guide to Train Hopping! It is now complete with all illustrations and photos found in my book, 'The Anarchist's Guide to Travel'!

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/the-stp-guide-to-train-hopping.17771/
collette park, Fort Worth TX. Next wbd i/m is mine, come through..or see ya in Cali.
Don't swim in my toilet and I wont pee in your pool.
In St Louis if anyone wants to link up
Been wondering around looking for a pretty girl who wants to take some mushrooms with me. ...or I could just save them and maybe one of the pretty girls I know won't be busy...

"In eternity, nothing will be remembered of you. So why not just have fun?" — Bob Weir.
I gotta say TV after a long time with no TV has its charms... catching up now on Trailer Park Boys, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, & Rick & Morty. Fuck the outside world!