Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Greece
Website
www.unik.ink
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
This is one of the most delicious serbian foods and certanly something that everyone deserves to try in their lifetime))) Well that being said lets get to work, the ingredients you will be needing are quite simple. You need to use 70% beef and 30% lamb meat and a few cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt.

Cut the meat into small square pieces around 2x2cm.
Cut to pieces 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and boil it in small amount of water(round 100ml).
Then mix together and let stay in freezer overnight.
Grind the meat twice and leave it on room temperature for a few hours.
Next step is to create the traditional cevapcici form out of ground meat you can use a plastic bottle cut in half and use your fingers to press the meat in, it should come out thru the drinking hole which is about 2cm thick which is ideal for cevapcici, length can be any but i reccomend around finger length.
Final step is to fire up some barbecue, put beef or pig fat on the bars and grill the meat on strong heat until its done.
Note* cevapcici need to be very slightly raw on the inside when you split them, must not be overgrilled and dry.
If you dont have barbecue you can fry in a pan but again best to use beef or pig fat but you can use butter or good quality oil.
Serve fresh and warm with onions and warm bread.Good idea to add some kajmak. (yogurt is really nice too with this meat).
Also awesome combination is cevapcici + fried potatoes + onions and with or without bread
Very simple to prepare if you have some meat and a freezer and very very tasty
You can find it in Belgrade old town, or famous tourist destinations in Serbia, its awesome, extremely tasty, and everyone is going nuts about it!
Try it out!
cevapi-jpg.44377_Serbian cevapcici - How To_The Hobo Kitchen_Squat the Planet_4:19 AM
che_vapi_by_dracula385-jpg.44378_Serbian cevapcici - How To_The Hobo Kitchen_Squat the Planet_4:19 AM

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
St. Paul, Mn
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Looks good and not to hard to make!

Juan Derlust

Formerly 'palmazon'
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Limbo
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Basically ‘little kebab’ - hand-rolled (skinless) sausage. Every time I’m tempted to turn vegan, these little flavor bombs rope me right back into omnivory...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Taken advice from A Simple Van Step and am moving from here ... to there!
Love being lied to about the way this site works. Why do I even fuckin bother?
Bolivia for Christmas, to be continued
somethings wrong somethings right somethings missing
Headed west from DC to AZ clean driver no nothing no issues just me and my pack
Heading down to San Diego till Jan 4th. Hoping to get to the Slabs on NYE✨❤️
Soon to be in Memphis anyone around?
Just saying I'm fucking stoked!!! A ltitle tlc and this car will be a bitchen home to travel in!!!! Why not!
Has a bitchen cheap new interior new tires original 318 carbonated engine all the original chrome... Lost one on drive home fml lol. It's black and chrome all original glass!
Traded my short bus for a 1958 plymouth Plaza!!!! Drove it home that night!! No cancer no body work needed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Bill Landis