Selling art in Melbourne (1 Viewer)

OmFish

Lurker
Current Location
Newtown, Sydney, NSW, AUS
Arrived to Melbourne by the skin of my teeth and I'm flat broke looking to sell some art on the street. Don't have permit (because what is foresight?)
I was doing it in Newtown in Sydney and no problems with cops or people, was pretty successful.
Are the rules/laws about selling art on the street different in VIC than NSW? Everyone has been saying Melbourne would be a great place to do this at so I'm trying to figure out what spots in Melbourne would be good spots and what the cops are like here.
*everything I read says it's illegal to do without a permit but I wonder how much they actually enforce this

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Felix Rivers

Lurker
Current Location
Balgowlah, Australia
Possibly a bit late. But I sold jewellery swanston street for maybe 4 or 5 days before the council got me. Cops dont care, its the councils problem. They just asked for my permit which I didnt have and they told me I needed one and gave me some paper about where to get it. Thats it. No fine or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

If I had one more freight hop left in me, maybe two, I would take an NS 27A (auto rack) to Macon, get shuttled to Warner Robins to visit my friends since I haven't seen them for quite a while, then head back to Macon. Next up, maybe I would stay put under a skirted piggyback heading southbound to Jacksonville just to explore the Macon/Valdosta districts.
who's in Grand Junction Colorado?
Feelin all bougie with a vehicle! Bigger badder adventures!
new bucket list. the national parks. all of them
Trying to hitch out this week!!
Need ride today from Vegas to Reno will help with gas
Headed to seattle soon lets hope the trains aren't too cold.
I caught a fucking cold at 2AM this morning, still sleepless...

Members online