Seeking Ride seeking ride from indiana to texas (1 Viewer)

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
I'm trying to get to Texas asap. My car broke down or I would just drive myself. If anyone can please help me I would be eternally grateful 😁

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
This isn't so much a site that lines up rides for people. It's more like a site for people who line up rides for themselves. Lots of hitchhikers and train riders here. Sometimes people get the wrong impression and think this is some sort of hub where truck drivers linger just chomping at the bit to give someone a ride. I don't know if that's a misinterpretation of the description or what but that's definitely not what we're about.

That's not to say there aren't friendly folks here who do travel in their own vehicles and rideshares have certainly been arranged on site but it's just not super common really so don't hold your breath. Also, not to be a dick but this isn't much of an introduction(Get Jennifer to Texas kinda sounds more like an assignment). All we know about you is that you need a ride somewhere. Introductions are usually like "Hi, I'm Bob and I like to surf" etc.

Welcome to squat the planet, Jennifer. Hope you're able to find your ride.

OP
J

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
This isn't so much a site that lines up rides for people. It's more like a site for people who line up rides for themselves. Lots of hitchhikers and train riders here. Sometimes people get the wrong impression and think this is some sort of hub where truck drivers linger just chomping at the bit to give someone a ride. I don't know if that's a misinterpretation of the description or what but that's definitely not what we're about.

That's not to say there aren't friendly folks here who do travel in their own vehicles and rideshares have certainly been arranged on site but it's just not super common really so don't hold your breath. Also, not to be a dick but this isn't much of an introduction(Get Jennifer to Texas kinda sounds more like an assignment). All we know about you is that you need a ride somewhere. Introductions are usually like "Hi, I'm Bob and I like to surf" etc.

Welcome to squat the planet, Jennifer. Hope you're able to find your ride.
I understand what the premise for this site is. To be honest when you are desperate to get somewhere like say to your daughter that was assaulted then I don't think that your opinion really matters that much to me. I'm not stupid just a desperate terrified mother who will do anything and try anything to get to her child.

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Cool. Yeah it's less about my opinion and more like.. what's most likely to work best for you. For example; Say you leave things as is. You don't become a part of the community, you don't share anything about yourself. You just leave this post up "Get me to Texas". I can almost 100% assure you, you're probably not gonna get a ride to Texas that has anything to do with this site playing a part in it.

So, what I was suggesting is.. maybe try to tell us a little more about yourself. Like the crisis situation you're in needing to get to your daughter. That's the type of stuff people can relate to and want to help someone they don't even know to make it happen. I think you'd have a lot better luck throwing a few more words out there beyond "get me to Texas". But that's all just my opinion which doesn't matter much to you so.. fuck it, go with plan A!

OP
J

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
Cool. Yeah it's less about my opinion and more like.. what's most likely to work best for you. For example; Say you leave things as is. You don't become a part of the community, you don't share anything about yourself. You just leave this post up "Get me to Texas". I can almost 100% assure you, you're probably not gonna get a ride to Texas that has anything to do with this site playing a part in it.

So, what I was suggesting is.. maybe try to tell us a little more about yourself. Like the crisis situation you're in needing to get to your daughter. That's the type of stuff people can relate to and want to help someone they don't even know to make it happen. I think you'd have a lot better luck throwing a few more words out there beyond "get me to Texas". But that's all just my opinion which doesn't matter much to you so.. fuck it, go with plan A!
Well I just hope that you never have a daughter that gets raped and then have some jackass be a douche to her mother who is only trying to get to her in anyway or means necessary because she is all I have and I am all she has so Im not fucking sorry if my approach wasn't good enough for you but I wasn't trying to put that horrifying information out there. So does that make you happy you miserable fuck

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Why do you insist on making this so personal? You're the victim & I'm attacking you? Now you're attacking me. That's so absolutely not what this is. It's got nothing to do with what's good enough for me. I'm trying to help you reach more people by suggesting you give just a tiny bit more info as to who you even are. That's literally all this is, or rather all it was before all the name calling and whatnot.

OP
J

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
Why do you insist on making this so personal? You're the victim & I'm attacking you? Now you're attacking me. That's so absolutely not what this is. It's got nothing to do with what's good enough for me. I'm trying to help you reach more people by suggesting you give just a tiny bit more info as to who you even are. That's literally all this is, or rather all it was before all the name calling and whatnot.
This is very personal and I will actually delete myself. Have a good day

Dameon

Wanderer
Current Location
Northern California
We get that you're desperate, but being desperate doesn't mean you get to just join in here and start calling people jackasses and douches because they're trying to help you and you're not getting the help you want. Your daughter's been assaulted, and you're wasting your time insulting people on a forum where you're extremely unlikely to get a ride.

If you're really desperate, go to the ramp, stick out your thumb, and catch a ride. This isn't craigslist.

HolyHoles999

Lurker
Current Location
Room#996172
If I were you I'd start hitching and formulate a plan for when you get to your daughter. You're liable to freak her out and make things worse if you continue smash and bash approach of taking care of business.

OP
J

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
If I were you I'd start hitching and formulate a plan for when you get to your daughter. You're liable to freak her out and make things worse if you continue smash and bash approach of taking care of business.
Thanks everyone. I got it

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I moved yer thread, and changed the title for you, but like has already been pointed out already yer chances of getting a ride from indiana to texas on here is about .01%.

We can all sympathize with how yer feeling but lashing out at other who are trying to offer constructive criticism of how you went about posting ain't gonna help you get a ride. I sincerely hope you get to yer daughter safe.

OP
J

JJONES01

Lurker
Current Location
Indiana
I moved yer thread, and changed the title for you, but like has already been pointed out already yer chances of getting a ride from indiana to texas on here is about .01%.

We can all sympathize with how yer feeling but lashing out at other who are trying to offer constructive criticism of how you went about posting ain't gonna help you get a ride. I sincerely hope you get to yer daughter safe.
Yeah no need to move it just delete me. I understand that this site is not just a hitch a ride service. I was just trying to put myself out there and try to think outside the box and yes I am freaked out. So I apologize for disturbing y'all.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Yeah no need to move it just delete me. I understand that this site is not just a hitch a ride service. I was just trying to put myself out there and try to think outside the box and yes I am freaked out. So I apologize for disturbing y'all.
Squattheplanet.com/account/delete it's really yer call at this point. Aside from telling you which on ramp to stand on to hitch I'm not sure how else I could help you as I'm assuming you have contacted other possible family/friends. I know zero of what happend and at this point I'm not interested, we tried to help but this is a community, not a place where you can sign up be rude and get a ride.

Best of luck to you and yer daughter.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
whew - try some rideshare groups on facebook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Members online