• Hey folks, we've recently updated the forum software and are in the middle of getting everything back in place. I hope to have everything back online soon!

Seeking discord expert to set up new StP chat!

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I am considering using Discord to replace out chat room system here on StP. This wouldn't occur until after we upgrade our forum software to Xenforo 2.0 (ETA on that is approximately 4-6 weeks), but I've started a channel for the StP community in order to start testing the integration between the forum software and the Discord service.

This integration has the potential to further connect travelers using the discord app as a supplementary mobile app to StP; users can get alerts on their mobile device when people chat in the StP discord channel, in addition to receiving alerts via discord when new forum threads and status updates are posted (links would take you back to the StP website). In addition, discord supports audio and video chat, even on mobile devices, which could be great for communication and collaboration (I'm experimenting with using it for our weekly talk show instead of skype).

So as you can see, there's a lot of potential there. I'm not 100% committed to replacing our current chat with it yet, but prospects are looking good, which is why I'm doing the testing to make sure everything works as expected.

Anyways, this is where you come in. I'm looking for someone that has the time to play with our discord channel and set up groups/roles, bots, different sub-channels and categories, and generally setting up the automation required to make our discord channel a fun and interesting place. If you have previous experience that would be a plus, but also if you'd just like to play around and figure out how to set up the functionality of a discord channel before doing your own, this would be a great opportunity to do so.

If you're interested, post here or send me a PM on StP.

For the rest of you, if you'd like to join the channel and just BS about, here's the link:

https://discord.gg/QQjYP6H

Donate to StP!

Hey folks, the donation widget is temporarily broken, so if you'd like to donate to help keep StP going with the paypal link below, I would sure appreciate it! There's a lot of new features I'm looking forward to bringing to the site (but unfortunately they cost money).

https://www.paypal.me/MatthewDerrick

Latest Status Updates

Found my first legit squat, pretty stoked about that.
Lots of positive things on the new format, the info on each member shows when they appear on a thread. I dig that a lot.
creature wrote on PeaceLoveHarmony's profile.
Peace, looks like you made it out of Prunedale ok!!

How was/is the show???
Halfmoon bay from monterey. Who out and about