Second attempt to hitckhike ... worked

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Hi!
Just wanna tell you my second attempt to hitchhike from the place I tried the weekend before worked. I waited for about an hour (which is not long I think considering it was a Saturday and a holiday here in this part of Germany and the spot isn't so great for hitching). A guy coming from the McDonald's waved me to his car. He said he hasn't picked up someone for years but hitched in the past, too. And that he was about to drive into the town of Cologne which was perfect since my destination was the central train station. Had a very nice ride in a quite new BMW, smoking was allowed and we had a nice conversation about cars, his vacation in Alaska a few years ago and my trip to UK. In the end he spend some time looking for a bus stop for me to get to the central station without walking too much. So my first hitchhiking experience was great! :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Fuck yeah man, Glad to hear it!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yay for a great ride!

Kal

Reaction score
Cool. Keep traveling and I hope you get some more rides.

Dmac

Reaction score
awesome! I have never gotten a ride in a nice car like a BMW. my best was a brand new Mack semi truck. it still had the plastic on the seats and that new car smell.

Reactions: buffalobill

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads