sea dogs/crew wanted

Current Location
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
hey misfits, weirdos, wingnuts etc so i got my fucking sailboat. FUCK YEA! the happy adventure (boats name) is set to go. over the next 45 to 60 days i will be on cape cod working and saving for the big trip with several 2 to 4 day trips between the local islands and ports. im seeking 1 - 3 people that are looking to crew with me for these runs with the possibility of coming on for a longer run down the intercoastal route to fla then across to the carribean. all are welcome i dont discriminate artists are incouraged to join and make the happy adventure the most unique boat possible. a few requirements. 1 you need to provision yourself including foul weather gear, food etc etc. 2. for the longer trip there will be some expenses i will need you to contribute to, mainly fuel but we be juggin so you know. and 3. ill let you know its work. a fucking lot of work. learning navigation, weather, knots etc. you dont need experience but you need to be ready and willing to learn. the way this sailing shit works is through discipline and vigilance but in return there is a freedom you wont find elsewhere. as for me im pretty easy going but can tend to get intense when we are being put to the test on the water. i work hard but i cut loose and like to get schwilly when the time is right. no hard drugs im well over that phase and i wont be around it but the occasional smoke session and rare trip to mushroom town im down for. im dead serious about this and if you wanna see if you got what it takes to go where you cant hitch or hop to come to hyannis mass. hit me up before hand many will enter few will win. peace folks

OP
OP
dontpanic
Current Location
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
going on a 5 day trip to squat a local islan its an all day sail leaving on the 4th returning the following sunday all subject to weather conditions but looking good so far

Lilly

Pilgrim
Current Location
Kamloops... Chase
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Wow that sounds like an adventure and half.

Hopefully someone from your adventure comes back to tell the tale in the Travel Stories forum

Current Location
Washington, D.C.
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sounds intense. I am originally from Florida, though I'm here in the nations crapitol at the moment. I've been on the water off and on most of my life, though I've never sailed. I love hard work and can definitely float myself financially. If I meet the criteria, message me and we can discuss it further. Hope to hear from you soon.

OP
OP
dontpanic
Current Location
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
tomorrow is all bad in mass but today is sunny, 1-3 ft, 10-15 knots. fucking glorious. soon as the tide is up and my keel is your of the muck im gone

Aleus

Pilgrim
Current Location
Hayward, United States
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Interested but I would have to meet in PA or MD. If you make it to the eastern shore of MD and still need a hand let me know.

OP
OP
dontpanic
Current Location
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
Interested but I would have to meet in PA or MD. If you make it to the eastern shore of MD and still need a hand let me know.
i wont be going the inland route untill south carolina. long island sound and Chesapeake bay are some of the heaviest trafficked waterways in the united states. lots of cops and coasties also and id rather just stay off their radar. so everything between cape cod and S.C. is blue water but im down to pull into a smaller harbor town along the coast