Scamming tips? For survival or making a living? (1 Viewer)

Kilo

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
I dont think that should be up there. Scamming people is foul! Shouldnt be a way to make a living. They could be our parents that have been scammed

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
Kilo

Kilo

Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
Looks like a great movie, thanks for sharing ;)

OP
Kilo

Kilo

Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
I dont scam or steal from anyone! So no, we all arent scammers ;)

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I dont scam or steal from anyone! So no, we all arent scammers ;)
Wonderful that you decided to not delete yer account afterall, and that's fantastic you don't scam or steal. Good for you.

If you disagree with a section of the website feel free to not visit that particular part.

Django

Current Location
Alaska-Argentina on a bike
There's nothing like going to sleep knowing you're an OK person.
Scamming and stealing are very easy and therefore highly addicting, along with the feeling of rush and excitement.

After a while, the corruption you caused to yourself will eat you.

I come from a country that controls another people and give them no rights. It's been going on for over 50 years now, and let me tell you, the moral corruption has intrude the day to day life. The violence, the imoralitty (I misspelled here).

Try to avoid stealing and lying at all cause, for the sake if yourself. This is not religious bullshit, I'm telling you, being an ok person worth a thousand times more in the long run. In 50 years you won't feel the lack of item or few bucks you could have had if you would have stole it,
But if you choose everyday not to corrupt yourself, eventually, you'll be a good person.

Save yourself. Be an OK person.

Maki40

Pilgrim
Current Location
Houston, tx
Website
m.youtube.com
Everythings a scam. Capitalism is based on greed. I don't personally scam, but would have no problem doing so to a large corporation or the filthy rich. They're the biggest scammers of all. Amazon paid zero in federal taxes last year while profitting billions and those who make minimum wage give up a significant portion of their already shitty paycheck. I'm getting to the point, if you can't beat em.. join em. Do you wanna be the wolf or the sheep?

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Maryland
if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass so much

the frog is humanity, bumping it's ass is the perpetual fuckery we are all inherently bound to

virtue signaling in this department is not gonna help anyone

Django

Current Location
Alaska-Argentina on a bike
Everythings a scam. Capitalism is based on greed. I don't personally scam, but would have no problem doing so to a large corporation or the filthy rich. They're the biggest scammers of all. Amazon paid zero in federal taxes last year while profitting billions and those who make minimum wage give up a significant portion of their already shitty paycheck. I'm getting to the point, if you can't beat em.. join em. Do you wanna be the wolf or the sheep?
I would be very careful with that attitude, due to what I wrote in my comment. It is so easy to steal and to misinform people, that once you start, it's so easy to just go on. If you keep justifying to yourself that it's ok to steal from X, you will soon justify why it's ok to do the same with Y.
It's a big and wide philosophical argument, to which extent we can/should justify small acts of rebbeliance such as stealing from the "bad guys".
Well, I'm not going to admit any criminal behevior here, but as someone who was justifying such thing from a big Walmart, I soon found myself trying these small things (and I'm talking food. Like, basic food such as bread) in smaller shops.
I then realized that there is no end to it other than become a thief, so I just stopped.
There's a story (not sure if true) about a cop that was invited to speak in front of 10 yrolds after a calculator was stolen in class. He basically said a very simple thing, that the thief might have got a calculator, but if they won't admit, they will remain thieves for life.
A bit dramatic, I know, but the message is clear.
Yes, you may have gotten away with a small theft, now you own something you couldn't afford, but it made you a thief. It fucked yourself (I'm trying hard not to use the term soul, cause as far as science goes, there is no evidence to such organ) and it's up to you to break the chain.
There Is more to humanity than wolf or sheep. There's a mutural interest, there's the will in each of us to be good inside ourselves. I'm the first one to claim I only care about myself, but carrying about myself meaning I try to be good to people. I try to not be an asshole. It's for my own sake, my own health of mind

Do not steal. And if you do, don't justify it to yourself, or else you'll just keep doing it until it's too late.

Sorry for being such a hippi drama queen (bitch?). Of course these are just my two cents, and by no means I'd claim to own the truth.
Peace. (Of mind)

Engineer J Lupo

Increasingly aggressive bro
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I dont think that should be up there. Scamming people is foul! Shouldnt be a way to make a living. They could be our parents that have been scammed
You realize the use of "scamming tips" in this section is not so much about scamming people and more so scamming from large corporations right? See some of @zim's post history. Just one quick example I can think of is the one where you send in a complaint to Purina about the 4 last bags of dog food you purchased being spoiled. A website to create fake receipts was given, you just write the company and provide the screen shots of the receipts and they issue you a check to replace the bad food. I'm sure it's burned by now but that was a scam that hurts nobody and it absolutely should be a way to make a living if a person chooses to.

These companies don't feel that shit. You boost a 60 dollar item from Walmart to return so you can eat.. you really think one of the Waltons is going without a meal that night because you stole whatever the fuck it was? These companies drive any hope of running a little mom and pop shop right the fuck outta town. They come in and put everyone out of business while they stack fucking billions! I'm supposed to feel bad about taking something from them that they'll never even notice is missing? It isn't about scamming random innocent people directly. I highly doubt you'll find any posts on here about that. The closest you'll get is something like a made up story whilst panhandling that might work and people are sharing it. Nobody's talkin about conning some old alzheimer's grannies out of their savings.

Maki40

Pilgrim
Current Location
Houston, tx
Website
m.youtube.com
So was Robin Hood a bad guy for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor? The rich were taxing the poor to no end. Same thing is going on today.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
Excluding pathological types, I think most thieves would abandon their craft if they had better options. It's good to have choices - generally a privilege of station in this society. It's easy to philosophize virtue from a warm bed with a full belly

OP
Kilo

Kilo

Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
Im a wolf not a sheep, no doubt. Personally im speaking with my interactions with other travelers and folks i meet on the road. If you want to hustle or scam wal mart or other large corporations or companies, banks. I obviously wouldnt disagree with that.

OP
Kilo

Kilo

Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
Im glad I could start this interesting conversation as a newcomer to your site. Looking out for eachother is what im all about. If you fall asleep next to me in a camp or boxcar. All your things will be just as you left them the night before.

Ive lived in the most dangerous countries in the world alone without a warm bed and or full belly for many days on end (Colombia two years) (Panama one year) (Costa Rica three years) These were not tourist areas where i found the cheapest possible, at times roach filled places to rent. I was the only Gringo you would see for the duration of my stays in those barrios. I earned my respect from the street gangs by showing them respect and sharing all I had. I came out the other side a better man with more appreciation for the little things i do own. I currently have no decent full time job. Havent for many years. Im one of the best panhandlers in my area by far. Its not scamming or stealing, i give people an oppurtunity to be happy by giving to a nice guy ;) But im happy to share any of my experiences for anyone that appreciates others wisdom. Thats how i learn, listening to others and asking questions and showing RESPECT :) Blessings to all of yall! With me or not, Kilo

OP
Kilo

Kilo

Banned
Current Location
South Dakota
One more quick item for Juan :) If you consider a blow up mattress for 12 years and getting food at churches and food banks a full belly and warm ok brother! HAHA! If you need help surviving just ask us and we will help you out my friend. Even if you are a NEGATIVE NANCY ;)

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Current Location
Divine Providence
This website is a fucking scam!
That's it...I'm deleting my account and hitching a trash barge to Belize. Frankly...the whole internet is dumb. Quitting the whole internet.
Who's with me???

dacsuw9-4c96ba76-c4d7-4d05-ae9d-0e5e533bb757-gif.50049_Scamming tips? For survival or making a living?_Making a Living_Squat the Planet_2:00 PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.