Scam School Pt II: $6,000 from Starbucks (1 Viewer)

autumn

Lurker Admin
Current Location
Slab City
Everyone knows you can call Starbucks and get a $15 gift card. That's the chump method. Here's how you can get up to $600 out of them in four hours, or, by step 7, $6,000. This will require a decent bit of work, but it pays off. I just got done doing it myself after people complained at me that they didn't know how to get more than $30 or $40 max from Starbucks. I'll subtitle these steps with how long they took me.

You need:

An address (if you're super broke and can't outright buy a gift card)
Common sense
A good imagination
Social engineering experience recommended

Ok here we go, if this is out of your depth, wait for part 3, I'll make it something easier. For this to work, you have to be able to tell a really good story and be convincing. Here's a tip: If you get nervous on the phone (a lot of beginners do), practice with prank calls first.

Step 1
<5 minutes

Buy a couple of Starbucks cards with $10 on them. Alternatively, if you're super broke, call them as you normally would, get your $15 or $5 or whatever card. Wait for it in the mail.

Step 2
<5 minutes

Register your card(s) with fake names and addresses, it doesn't matter. Just make sure there's nothing linking them together.

Step 3

<10 minutes

Call and make a complaint with each card. If you're really convincing and complain really hard (please don't abuse the reps), you can get up to $50 on each card. Don't file the complaints against the same store.

Step 4
1 hour

Go to a Starbucks. Mostly everywhere in the US, you can buy a Starbucks gift card with a Starbucks gift card. If the Barista isn't minding his own business and gets suspicious, just say you're getting them for last minute gifts. Once you have up to 10 cards with $10 each, go home and register them all.

Step 5
1 hour

Call and complain for each of the cards. Make sure you look up different stores on Google Maps and don't file fifty fucking complaints against the same one. Make your stories really good, be creative. Make the rep sympathetic, because it's ultimately up to them whether you get anything at all. Being abusive towards a rep is a good way to get nothing.

Step 6
1 hour

After you've filed all of your complaints, if you're good on the phone and convincing, you'll have ten $60 gift cards. List them on eBay or craigslist - it takes a little more time but it's better than cashing them into one of those sites that pays 25-50% on them.

Step 7
6 hours

$6,000

If you want to put in a little more work, understand basic opsec, and aren't a total tardnugget, you can just repeat this process, getting up to 60 $60 gift cards. If you do this, make sure you're not calling them sixty times in one day. You will end up hitting the same reps multiple times. Make sure you don't go to a Starbucks and tell them you need sixty $10 gift cards. Hit a lot of different stores. This stuff should be common sense but I have a feeling someone would ruin it for everyone else if I didn't say it. In the end, you can walk away with $6,000 in Starbucks cards. If you were going to do that, I'd highly recommend spending the $30 to purchase a bunch of different numbers for a VoIP line.

Note: If you suck at SEing, and can only get $15-20 at a time, here's what you can do:

When you call them, they follow the same basic script/process with some small talk:

What's your problem? Do you have a Starbucks card? If not, what's your address? Where did it happen? File the complaint, fund the card. Sometimes lazy reps won't file the complaint, and will just fund the card. Sometimes they'll fund the card first. 9/10 times though, they follow the above script.

When they file the complaint, before they fund the card, hang up. Tell them the connection is getting choppy, hang up in the middle of a sentence, whatever. 50% of the time, they will fund the card. It really just depends on the rep. Call them back IMMEDIATELY, get another rep on the line, and get him to fund it quickly. With any luck, he will lookup your card before the other rep funds it. You can do this with the $50 ones too, but it's not really worth the effort (in my opinion) if you're a decent storyteller.

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
lol i live off panera bread and starbucks mobile app schemes

that food is really harsh on my stomach though

BadBoBo

Current Location
Manchester New Hampshire
Everyone knows you can call Starbucks and get a $15 gift card. That's the chump method. Here's how you can get up to $600 out of them in four hours, or, by step 7, $6,000. This will require a decent bit of work, but it pays off. I just got done doing it myself after people complained at me that they didn't know how to get more than $30 or $40 max from Starbucks. I'll subtitle these steps with how long they took me.

You need:

An address (if you're super broke and can't outright buy a gift card)
Common sense
A good imagination
Social engineering experience recommended

Ok here we go, if this is out of your depth, wait for part 3, I'll make it something easier. For this to work, you have to be able to tell a really good story and be convincing. Here's a tip: If you get nervous on the phone (a lot of beginners do), practice with prank calls first.

Step 1
<5 minutes

Buy a couple of Starbucks cards with $10 on them. Alternatively, if you're super broke, call them as you normally would, get your $15 or $5 or whatever card. Wait for it in the mail.

Step 2
<5 minutes

Register your card(s) with fake names and addresses, it doesn't matter. Just make sure there's nothing linking them together.

Step 3

<10 minutes

Call and make a complaint with each card. If you're really convincing and complain really hard (please don't abuse the reps), you can get up to $50 on each card. Don't file the complaints against the same store.

Step 4
1 hour

Go to a Starbucks. Mostly everywhere in the US, you can buy a Starbucks gift card with a Starbucks gift card. If the Barista isn't minding his own business and gets suspicious, just say you're getting them for last minute gifts. Once you have up to 10 cards with $10 each, go home and register them all.

Step 5
1 hour

Call and complain for each of the cards. Make sure you look up different stores on Google Maps and don't file fifty fucking complaints against the same one. Make your stories really good, be creative. Make the rep sympathetic, because it's ultimately up to them whether you get anything at all. Being abusive towards a rep is a good way to get nothing.

Step 6
1 hour

After you've filed all of your complaints, if you're good on the phone and convincing, you'll have ten $60 gift cards. List them on eBay or craigslist - it takes a little more time but it's better than cashing them into one of those sites that pays 25-50% on them.

Step 7
6 hours

$6,000

If you want to put in a little more work, understand basic opsec, and aren't a total tardnugget, you can just repeat this process, getting up to 60 $60 gift cards. If you do this, make sure you're not calling them sixty times in one day. You will end up hitting the same reps multiple times. Make sure you don't go to a Starbucks and tell them you need sixty $10 gift cards. Hit a lot of different stores. This stuff should be common sense but I have a feeling someone would ruin it for everyone else if I didn't say it. In the end, you can walk away with $6,000 in Starbucks cards. If you were going to do that, I'd highly recommend spending the $30 to purchase a bunch of different numbers for a VoIP line.

Note: If you suck at SEing, and can only get $15-20 at a time, here's what you can do:

When you call them, they follow the same basic script/process with some small talk:

What's your problem? Do you have a Starbucks card? If not, what's your address? Where did it happen? File the complaint, fund the card. Sometimes lazy reps won't file the complaint, and will just fund the card. Sometimes they'll fund the card first. 9/10 times though, they follow the above script.

When they file the complaint, before they fund the card, hang up. Tell them the connection is getting choppy, hang up in the middle of a sentence, whatever. 50% of the time, they will fund the card. It really just depends on the rep. Call them back IMMEDIATELY, get another rep on the line, and get him to fund it quickly. With any luck, he will lookup your card before the other rep funds it. You can do this with the $50 ones too, but it's not really worth the effort (in my opinion) if you're a decent storyteller.

Do they keep a record of the number that called?

OP
autumn

autumn

Lurker Admin
Current Location
Slab City
So do you have to call from various different numbers?
Not necessarily, it just depends on how many you do and the excuse that you use.

If you call from Skype, you'll have a different phone # each time you call. You can get an "unlimited" plan from them for $3 if I remember correctly. However, after talking for something like 300 minutes, they say you're abusing the service and cancel your subscription. It's ridiculous, but it works.

BadBoBo

Current Location
Manchester New Hampshire
Not necessarily, it just depends on how many you do and the excuse that you use.

If you call from Skype, you'll have a different phone # each time you call. You can get an "unlimited" plan from them for $3 if I remember correctly. However, after talking for something like 300 minutes, they say you're abusing the service and cancel your subscription. It's ridiculous, but it works.
Thank you for the information :)

marmar

Current Location
New mexico
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but how do you complain about a gift card? I 've never had or used one.. any example, what do you say?

OP
autumn

autumn

Lurker Admin
Current Location
Slab City
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but how do you complain about a gift card? I 've never had or used one.. any example, what do you say?
You don't complain about the gift card, you complain about something related to starbucks.

N0MAD

Lurker
Current Location
Betws-y-Coed
Not the gift cards but something to do with store. The service, the staff -attitude etc- something wrong with the drinks, Heck even something to do with another customer made you feel unwelcome, on edge etc. just think outside the box.

ATB Nomad

jojoofu

Lurker
lol i live off panera bread and starbucks mobile app schemes

that food is really harsh on my stomach though
Be careful doing this with Panera Bread. I got caught doing something similar. Panera has a system that tracks all of their cards and discounts. If they see too many in one area it throws a red flag.

I wouldn't eat at Starbucks as their coffee and food was found to contain literal shit.

OP
autumn

autumn

Lurker Admin
Current Location
Slab City
Be careful doing this with Panera Bread. I got caught doing something similar. Panera has a system that tracks all of their cards and discounts. If they see too many in one area it throws a red flag.

I wouldn't eat at Starbucks as their coffee and food was found to contain literal shit.
The food is gross and the coffee is meh, I would just sell the gift cards. Or, if you're in a state where they have to cash them out, do that. Haven't tried Panera but I'll keep that in mind.

I've been eating shit for a few decades.
I've been eating shit for a decade and my health is already starting to suffer. Guess you won the genetic lottery :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.
Nice try, Sheriff, but your gonna have to get up earlier in the morning if you want to catch this idiot(with two arms). Got myself perma banned from the home bum shelter. Called them out for giving donations intended for folks in need to their employees.
Hospital visits always help fix one problem and start more. Fuck yo.
Rhubarb Dwyer wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
Bazinga!!!

Members online