Scabies Inquire...ation

Mosquito

Reaction score
Just wondering .. how does one with no money treat scabies? If you cannot get ahold of medication..
Kwellada, I think is what its called. It costs like 40 bones in Canada. When I got scabies like 7 or so months ago.. dunno HOW I got it.. we were sleeping in a semi trailer in a junk yard for like a week or two and afterwards we had scabies. I used my welfare health benefit card to get Kwellada for 2 dollars..

But Im no longer on welfare.. and will most likely be in the States where my welfare would be VOID even if I was on it. If I were to get scabies AGAIN.. (not getting scabies again would be really awesome) .. but if it were to happen again, how does one go about treating it with no money.. ?

I looked online and I cant find a "legit" looking website.. or one that doesnt look totally bogus..

Anyone have tips or a GOOD website for herbal treatments/cheaper alternatives ?

M

Mouse

bathing, maybe?

ha. sorry.

I've heard a variety of ways of treating scabies and the pretty much involve ditchign all your clothes, bathing a lot, and slathering yourself in a lot of tea tree oil and other antiseptic things until the bugs go away.

but I've luckily never had to test these ideas. so I'm worthless to you. sorry again.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Rid, Nix.. theres a bunch of shit in most grocery stores thats generally pretty cheap (down here in the US tho) I just steal the shit. Its in a pretty small bottle. The Pet isle usually has some decent remedies too. Also if you dont want to get rid of your clothes then just put them in a trash bag tie it up and leave it stashed somewhere for 3-4 days. A week if your paranoid like me. They cant survive very long off a host. Definatly shower as much as possible. Especially after putting the nix on. Remember to allow 15 minutes to half hour for the poison to take effect. lil buggers!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
if you're looking in the pet aisle option, remember that mange and scabies are basically the same thing, just that one is for nonhumans and the other for humans...

blackmatter

Reaction score
i dont know about scabies but a good way to get rid of fleas is to douse your hair and scalp in isopropyl alcohol and but a plastic bag over the doused area itll suffocate them. no smoking or matches or boom your bodies one third degree burn

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
this is a little harsh, but desperate times call for... well, you know.

boost some Sevin Dust. it's the white powder used in home gardening to kill bugs. it also can be used to kill fleas, ticks, nits, lice, scabies bugs, chiggers and all kinda shit. I was told it kills crabs too, but don't know firsthand, thank God.

Put your clothes and shit in a garbage bag with Sevin Dust, tie it shut and shake. leave it overnight, or longer if you don't mind bein' nekkid. WASH WELL before putting back on! this shit burns.

I tried it last summer, because it says on the bag that you can put it on your dog, so I thought...

works.;)

skunkpit

Reaction score
first thing that came to my mind was dumpster bathtub and keep drinkin water and pissin in the tub till it filled up and let the ammonia genocide :) then bath in it for a while then rinse it all off with a good shower

this is just my crack pot theory though that i might try someday if it arises

but i generally use my piss as an antiseptic and its from my own body and dna

kinda like harvesting your own bacterial culture to boost your intestinal health

drinkin urine tea with oregon grape root helped kill a bacteria i had called "campylobacter jejuni" [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campylobacter_jejuni"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campylobacter_jejuni[/ame]

anyways scabbies would suck

just to let ya know hospitals can't refuse you treatment u might get a small bill but fuck it!!! when i got the buggers i just went to a free clinic ( just about everywhere has one) told them i was homeless with scabies they gave me the treatment for free i didn't even have an i.d or know my s.s that's what they are their for good luck dude that shit sux

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
IF you have never had them...shut up....it is not from not bathing, it IS caused by body contact, close contact..like the kind you have when you love someone...and it sucks to get them. IT IS NOT CAUSED BY HYGIENE HABITS!! Travelers often are the the host of choice by these fuckers. The drugs used to get rid of these nasty fuckers ARE PHSYCO TROPIC!!! This means it fucks with your head if you use it to often...as I have, (explains only part of it though). Use your street smarts, and AVOID THESE FUCKERS....I (thankfully) haven't had to deal with these guys in a few years. Good luck!!

Post edited by: dirtyfacedan, at: 2007/06/17 19:07

haha man i have/had scabbies went to the cook county hospital in chi-town last week and went in with four other people so we could all get treated at once and told em we wer homeless so we waited for about less than four hours and got the cream, and clean towels for free.
usually the wait is like 8 hours but they were worried we might infest everyone so they sped up the process i guess.
but overall point just go to a free clinic

where the hell is the obligatory choking victim/infested/lindane reference in this post?!

i mean, honestly people...its the stuff for the occasionB)

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i have a theory that most buggy kinda bum infestations can be cured by a long dip in a chlorinated pool

bryanpaul

Reaction score
ive never had to do that (cuz body lice are not only freindly but also easy to get rid of)but beach kills everything right ...so just hop the fence at the holiday inn pool and scub-adub-dub that shit away.....

bryanpaul

Reaction score
lindane is the stuff for the occasion ...but that lotion gives you cancer with too many applications

C

Crazycoon

Welcome Home! :) But dont hug the hippies!!! ha haaaa
kwelada,yuuuuuk, makes me shiver, soooo toxic. Werks though,.
over table med? Sticky fingers, biiig pockets. No $$$ No prob
Skunk pit, the urine theory, Hell ya maan. That shit werks for every thing.
Dryer on the hottest setting for a while will kill the ones on clothes.
increse garlic intake, let the muther fukers BURNNNN!!!
May the force be with you
Fucking bugz!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads