Saying hi from Europe! | Squat the Planet

Saying hi from Europe!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dude what's it like over in the Czech Republic? I'm super curious to come out that way and do some exploring around Europe. That's a ton of stuff and places to see in that area of the world.

What do you like to do? What do you want to see? Are you trying to come to United States? Tell us more about yourself and what you're interested in and I'd be happy to make some suggestions on places you should check out.

Reaction score
I live in the Sudets part of Republic so it honestly sucks (its like the worst part where u can be) I find Czech republic sad, yet beatiful contry full of sad history and beatiful nature.
Im gonna travel around the republic starting next week so my opinion may change.

I really like videogames, but past few years im been getting more and more into protography (especially polaroids, oh damn its not cheap-) I also love music (especially postpunk.)

I would love to make it so far west in europe as I can and then try to make it to US somehow.
Cuz I have a lot of friends there and honestly better off with them than here alone.

Also I would love some places I can see on my travels to west.
I recently bought a digital camera so I can record my travels, and it would just be amazing to record and leave behind something more special.

(Gonna say it again, your book is amazing and helpful even for european folk like me)

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Hi I'm Maxine.
Currently living in middle Europe. Planning on traveling west soon.
Im pretty new in this fascinating type of live.
So if any Europe travel master is willing to help. I would be more than glad and thankful.

For the stranger reading this, hope your day is going okay.
Wow! Hi! You must post pictures of your travel!

Reactions: Gin

ali

Reaction score
There are definitely a decent crew of Europeans on here, but they don't always log in frequently. If you are heading west, you will find lots of cool places, whether you go first to Prague or straight to Dresden, Leipzig and onward. There are plenty of people around the place into the music you like, especially in Berlin you should be able to find a lot of people into that sound. But Berlin is a bit of a special bubble of its own too, it can be a bit like a black hole that suck you in.

Perhaps at this time of year you could look into joining a summer festival where you can meet some travelers. You just missed Wave-Gotik-Treffen in Leipzig!

Reaction score
There are definitely a decent crew of Europeans on here, but they don't always log in frequently. If you are heading west, you will find lots of cool places, whether you go first to Prague or straight to Dresden, Leipzig and onward. There are plenty of people around the place into the music you like, especially in Berlin you should be able to find a lot of people into that sound. But Berlin is a bit of a special bubble of its own too, it can be a bit like a black hole that suck you in.

Perhaps at this time of year you could look into joining a summer festival where you can meet some travelers. You just missed Wave-Gotik-Treffen in Leipzig!
I really hope I can make it to something these months. Cuz starting next week im going to east for around few weeks to see the republic before I leave it.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You should definitely check out the bone church in Kutna Hora!

• Love It
Reactions: Joey Garbanzo
Reaction score
Ahoj,
I wouldn't consider myself as an "Europe travel master" but if you just wanna know some stuff I will definitely help.

Did you already went on a trip through the Czech Republic?

Yeah, I was supposto be there for way longer but I got sick and needed to go back. (still mad about it)
Im gonna head west this month (Still don't know exactly when)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads