saying hello! | Squat the Planet

saying hello!

big smote

Reaction score
Hello wonderful people on this wonderful site! Iv'e been browsing here all day reading stories and tips and whatnot and its so cool. I've wanted to leave "home" since i was very young but I'm now almost 26. I have traveled to California, Texas, Alberta, and most recently the American south during my time in the military.

Now I've been stuck in Colorado Springs since march, and after losing my temp job doing irrigation in September, my wanderlust has retuned to me! There's somewhere in the states i've always wanted to explore, the pacific north west! starting with norcal I want to see the redwoods, then move my way north towards portland then seattle.

adventure awaits.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome welcome to the community! when do you think you'll head out?

big smote

Reaction score
thankyou it sort of depends. I've heard that whole area is in wet season so its practically raining every day in portland and that doesnt sound practical if I have to sleep rough at all, even with camping equipment. I might wait until april to head out then but then again maybe ill just head to socal in february until things warm up up north

big smote

Reaction score
Its gonna be rainy season in western wa all the way til late may tbh. The Olympic rainforest would be a good camping destination though.
thanks i'll keep that in mind. I'm planning on being west bound by february, maybe i'll chill in socal until it gets warmer and drier up there? either way looking forward to my next adventure

WanderLost

Reaction score
thanks i'll keep that in mind. I'm planning on being west bound by february, maybe i'll chill in socal until it gets warmer and drier up there? either way looking forward to my next adventure
Ya prob best to chill south for a lil while. You can do it in the spring just know theres gonna be rain. There's a place called the rainforest hostel that will house you on donations. Could be a handful of change or 20$. Good luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads