Saying hello and I find myself in Eugene Oregon | Squat the Planet

Saying hello and I find myself in Eugene Oregon

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anywhere downtown. The Bar-muda triangle. Walk up Skinner Butte. Stay at the Whitaker hostel. Rock Climb west Skinner Butte. Tour the U of O campus (Lots of cool old buildings and big trees). Hang out by the Willamette River. Eat at "The Mothership" food bus in north Downtown. Watch freight trains in downtown. Play video games and drink beer at "Shoryuken League" in downtown. Eugene is like....the easiest place to find stuff to do outside of Portland in Oregon.

Reaction score
Website
www.tumblr.com
You should go to Maitreya eco-village, if you like natural building stuff you have GOT to meet Rob and see all their COB! Also the coolest coffe sho is on railroad Ave east of chambers and you can sit there and watch em build trains etc.

Go to Bike Church on Sunday.

Charge fone while enjoying free wifi and downloading free audiobooks at the library.

Take the (97)bus out the McKenzie to cougar hot springs.

Swim or wade in the willamette.

SIB is right, tons of stuff to do in eugene.

Sent from my iPhone using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Take the (97)bus out the McKenzie to cougar hot springs

^This. This is a must do. Does have a "caretaker" who makes you pay $6, there almost everyday, all day. But its worth it.

AAAutin

Reaction score
Hendricks Park is pretty.

But whatever you do, beware the tweaky bare-torsoed bicycle lords who hold dominion downtown. (Or don't, if you're into that sort of thing.)

Reactions: roughdraft

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - cool info everyone. I'm an administrator on another facebook site and we have a lot of people traveling and actually looking for couches and stuff to do in Eugene - looks like a lot more than I've run across - good info! :) And - hope the van will be ok soon too.

AAAutin

Reaction score
They have free food downtown at the dining room 270 w 8th. From 2-4 pretty sure.

Last time I was there, it was 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM—Monday through Thursday—with the catch being they only had the capacity to serve 300, so the closer to 12:00, the better.

eli

Reaction score
I think the natural and cultural history museum on campus is doing free admission in honor of indigenous peoples day? I don't when exactly. What even is a calander?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads