san fran "im new and dont know what to do"

Kanada

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The only two places you're gonna want to hang out is Haight Street (not lower Haight, ask locals if you get confused) and the front of Golden Gate Park (Haight & Stanyan). Be cautious, though, I don't know about right now, but recently there has been quite a lot of street kids getting robbed in SF...and I've heard this report from several sources. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know that shit happens in SF...a lot of it. Also, don't eat more than 1 hit of the acid from anybody until you trip for a bit and are SURE it's LSD...a LOT of people go around selling Research Chemicals (generally 25I or another NBOMe [25x/2C-x] that can be laid on blotter) as acid, and they can have serious adverse health effects if too many are taken. If you get offered some, start with 1...you can always take more but you can't reverse the damage done. This is spoken from a lot of experience.

Spainge sucks in the entire city, but your best bet for getting money for anything besides food is flying a funny sign in the Castro district or taking the BART to an outlying town like Bay Fair and spainging an off-ramp or median. Sleeping in Goldem Gate is fine, but be wary of tweakers (they're everywhere), find a somewhat-secluded spot, and don't worry about the cops waking you up, worst thing that happens is you get a ticket and they let you go back to sleep. I believe Hardly Strictly is coming up soon so there should be a good amount of cool people on Haight now, but don't trust anyone you don't know with your shit no matter what..and above all, have fun!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
whatever you do, don't tell anyone on the street, "I'm brand new and fresh, and don't know what to do".

I would suggest going to the north of the city. There's this little red bridge there that you will see and I would walk across it to the other side, and then head up the Highway 1. SF sucks, it's not what it used to be but then again, I guess a lot of places aren't

Last edited:

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Yea everytime I go there I run into a shitload of people I know and want to hop out with me but before that happens they want to take me on a wild goose chase around town to collect their gear. I suggest not staying long. Therse a lot of way cooler places to see around ca.

Kanada

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Avoid Garberville, that entire town hates dirty kids right now, and for a damn good reason because they've been causing massive disturbances in public for no good reason right about now that have actually caught media attention. Not to mention, people get robbed in the middle of the woods left and right by a bunch of bitch-ass local homeless kids who think they run shit. Ask around, I bet I'm not the only one who will tell you this. If you really want trim work, fuck Humboldt, that whole county is blown up; try finding a hookup in Nevada, Mendocino, or Trinity Counties.

Reactions: meonsaor

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
huh - well welcome aboard! Hope you made out well last night. I've been off line for a couple days so I wasn't here (new place and with a freaking #$%^%&^$#$#@$%^^# slow ass connection too). fek. But seriously - this place has the info in storage - just do a search - just find an outlet to recharge.

gradeasmarts

Reaction score
Thanks for the good advice bro but I actually got a buddy who lives in Humboldt whose gonna get me a job. And sorry tude guess I was just being lazy.

gradeasmarts

Reaction score
whatever you do, don't tell anyone on the street, "I'm brand new and fresh, and don't know what to do".

I would suggest going to the north of the city. There's this little red bridge there that you will see and I would walk across it to the other side, and then head up the Highway 1. SF sucks, it's not what it used to be but then again, I guess a lot of places aren't
Lol no bro was thinking of Joe dirt when I said that. I'm kind of like an Andy Kaufman I do things to make myself laugh. I know my stuff man just never been to San Fran and was just chillin for a sec so I decided to get up on here.
Hwy 1 would be nice but I have to make it to Humboldt now for a job so I'm going 101 for some better hitch opportunity.

Kanada

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
If you do, that's great, but I'm just saying...there's a lot of kids who have "friends that can hook them up with a job" who go all the way to Humboldt only to get told that the job is no longer available and then they're stuck up there, hungry as fuck because the spainge is damn-near impossible in Humboldt, having to hitch back down south or further north to Oregon.

Reactions: meonsaor

professorjpj

Reaction score
If your in SF, LEAVE, as soon as humanly possible!! I starved there, and could'nt even buy a cup of mcds coffee!! Ridiculous!! Worst city for poor/homeless people I've ever been to! Its also on my black list!

Dameon

Reaction score
Dude, if you starve in any major US city, you're doing it wrong. You neex to review your spange technique. Hell, you don't even have to spange there. There's only a million feeds, and you have to walk a whole several blocks in any restaurant area to find some fresh leftovers sitting around

professorjpj

Reaction score
I guess im a different kind of homeless.. I dont "beg", never have, never will.. I dont hold a sign, and I generally eat from either food stamps OR soup kitchens, WHEN I can find them!! Everything was way to far apart in sf, and the free feeding were literally SWAMPED with bums.. Many times they ran out before I got to the front! And I can only tolerate bums for soo long before I crack!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads