Saint Malo, France in June. | Squat the Planet

Saint Malo, France in June.

carolbarrel

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to be in France visiting my family in June. Only plans I have is my cousins wedding at the end of June. I was looking for travel buddies, squats, punk houses, new friends, anything really. Never done anything in Europe outside of family.

Metello

Reaction score
Website
www.alliancesail.org
Hi Carol,
Saint Malo is a very nice town, but there is no squat, nor alternative places in town, as far as I know. Not far from there, anyway, in the same region (Bretagne) there is a forest that have been squatted to avoid its destruction: they have be evicted once, but they squatted again and they are still resisting... it could be a very interesting place for you to go. It's called ZAD of Notre-Dame-Des-Landes, and this is a link to a d.i.y. documentary they made about the Zone: http://archive.org/details/ZadNddlQuandLesArbresSagitentWhenTheTreesShake
In the same regoin, there is also a brand new squat (near Brest) of anarcho-sailors: the house is facing the sea and they have a dry dock, so that the squatters can also repare/build sailing boats. At least this is their project, but they squatted one month ago and they don't know how long it will last... I'll give you the address if they are still there in june...

Reactions: carolbarrel

carolbarrel

Reaction score
Hi Carol,
Saint Malo is a very nice town, but there is no squat, nor alternative places in town, as far as I know. Not far from there, anyway, in the same region (Bretagne) there is a forest that have been squatted to avoid its destruction: they have be evicted once, but they squatted again and they are still resisting... it could be a very interesting place for you to go. It's called ZAD of Notre-Dame-Des-Landes, and this is a link to a d.i.y. documentary they made about the Zone: http://archive.org/details/ZadNddlQuandLesArbresSagitentWhenTheTreesShake
In the same regoin, there is also a brand new squat (near Brest) of anarcho-sailors: the house is facing the sea and they have a dry dock, so that the squatters can also repare/build sailing boats. At least this is their project, but they squatted one month ago and they don't know how long it will last... I'll give you the address if they are still there in june...
That sounds very interesting. Thankyou, please let me know if its still there in June. I would love to see something like that :}

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
If I got the money for the ferry i'd be pretty interested in tagging along for a bit

There is absolutely no hasslein getting a free ride across.People pay for the car, not the passenger count.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads