Saint Malo, France in June. (1 Viewer)

carolbarrel

Hello, I am going to be in France visiting my family in June. Only plans I have is my cousins wedding at the end of June. I was looking for travel buddies, squats, punk houses, new friends, anything really. Never done anything in Europe outside of family.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Metello

Lurker
Website
www.alliancesail.org
Hi Carol,
Saint Malo is a very nice town, but there is no squat, nor alternative places in town, as far as I know. Not far from there, anyway, in the same region (Bretagne) there is a forest that have been squatted to avoid its destruction: they have be evicted once, but they squatted again and they are still resisting... it could be a very interesting place for you to go. It's called ZAD of Notre-Dame-Des-Landes, and this is a link to a d.i.y. documentary they made about the Zone: http://archive.org/details/ZadNddlQuandLesArbresSagitentWhenTheTreesShake
In the same regoin, there is also a brand new squat (near Brest) of anarcho-sailors: the house is facing the sea and they have a dry dock, so that the squatters can also repare/build sailing boats. At least this is their project, but they squatted one month ago and they don't know how long it will last... I'll give you the address if they are still there in june...

OP
carolbarrel

carolbarrel

Hi Carol,
Saint Malo is a very nice town, but there is no squat, nor alternative places in town, as far as I know. Not far from there, anyway, in the same region (Bretagne) there is a forest that have been squatted to avoid its destruction: they have be evicted once, but they squatted again and they are still resisting... it could be a very interesting place for you to go. It's called ZAD of Notre-Dame-Des-Landes, and this is a link to a d.i.y. documentary they made about the Zone: http://archive.org/details/ZadNddlQuandLesArbresSagitentWhenTheTreesShake
In the same regoin, there is also a brand new squat (near Brest) of anarcho-sailors: the house is facing the sea and they have a dry dock, so that the squatters can also repare/build sailing boats. At least this is their project, but they squatted one month ago and they don't know how long it will last... I'll give you the address if they are still there in june...
That sounds very interesting. Thankyou, please let me know if its still there in June. I would love to see something like that :}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.