Photos Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to Newport Rhode Island

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
so I'm doin it folks. Cape cod to Martha's vineyard, penikese, cuttyhunk, now Newport Rhode island. Sailing solo is tight. hard work but rewarding I've had help along the way @Jay johnson also the Gallagher clan. skipper I love you man. for some reason I can't get more than one photo to load will try and fix in edit. Ok got it I added a pic of the skipper because he is a God amongst us
img_20180814_111003-jpg.45022_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180813_164408-jpg.45024_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180813_150758-jpg.45025_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180813_143600-jpg.45026_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180813_143144-jpg.45027_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180813_113531-jpg.45028_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img-6523-jpg.45029_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180814_131318-jpg.45030_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180731_195124-jpg.45031_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM
img_20180804_102531-jpg.45032_Sailing my boat from Cape Cod to  Newport Rhode Island_Travel Stories_Squat the Planet_2:11 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaka

That One Guy
StP Supporter
Current Location
Thats bad ass man. I wouldnt mind testing out my Sea legs. When you makin port?

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Shaka

That One Guy
StP Supporter
Current Location
Alright. I probably wont be in that area any time soon. Hmmmm i assume most of your travels will be by sea

OP
dontpanic

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
Alright. I probably wont be in that area any time soon. Hmmmm i assume most of your travels will be by sea
auto correct strikes again. Well yeah I travel by sail boat now but On the eastern seaboard I can use the inter coastal that's basically saltwater inland routes by water thatconect the coastal states in the was North to south so I won't be "at sea" all the time

Hudson

Lurker
Current Location
El dorado
@Hudson . What's with the meh rating? Am I not traveling epic enough for you? or is this a peanut butter and jealous issue? peace to you brother

Im on my phone. Its kinda buggy and laggy. I dont think my phone has enough cpu for this site for some reason. Sorry about that, total thumb glitch. And im kinda recovering from a pulled tooth lots of norcos.

OP
dontpanic

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
Im on my phone. Its kinda buggy and laggy. I dont think my phone has enough cpu for this site for some reason. Sorry about that, total thumb glitch. And im kinda recovering from a pulled tooth lots of norcos.
And now in peanut butter and jealous. Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
Show me your ways.....

I am seriously considering going through the same process of land to sea, thanks to your prior posts. I've heard it is a shit ton of work and money to keep a boat operational, however.

Juan Derlust

Vagabond
Current Location
Limbo
your name hints you're a Douglas Adams fan
in my book, you're a righteous squid...
(rival forces' military term for Navy)

OP
dontpanic

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
Show me your ways.....

I am seriously considering going through the same process of land to sea, thanks to your prior posts. I've heard it is a shit ton of work and money to keep a boat operational, however.
I did this for about 3000$ bucks it's work and it's fun and it's miserable all at once

Groundmagnet

Current Location
Woodstock, NY
That's awesome! I just sold my boat. Was too much to single hand. It was a 79' Hunter 37C. A friend of mine is a delivery skipper so when I get the urge to sail I just crew with him now. I lived on mine for a while, but it got old... and expensive quick.