Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Hey there! I'm starting this thread to compile all the links to useful websites about sailing. If you know of any good resources like crewing sites, blogs about sailing, or just how-2 info that can be found on the net (or in a book), reply with them to this thread.

to start things off, here's a pretty interesting diy sailing blog:

http://libertatiavoyage.blogspot.com

let's get a good list started!

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
This is a pretty cool blog about some kids that got together and built a floating barge to go down the Mississippi river. Check out this sweet pic:

IMGP2215.JPG

The blog can be found at: http://wewillnotdrown.blogspot.com

Attachments

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Also, there's the life nomadic, which is a blog about the ongoing sailing adventures of a family in a catamaran:

http://www.thelifenomadik.com/

I met these folks when I was sailing out in Key West, definitely worth checking out.

Current Location
Travelin
Reactions
92% 0% 8%
Probably one of the most awesomeness things i have ever seen

Current Location
Managua, Nicaragua
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hold Fast is a great documentary. The guy narrating it (Moxie Marlinspike) is an anarchist who works to create anti-surveillance tech. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for posting the vimeo link.