Safest way to travel extremely low-budget?

Off to the Morgue

Reaction score
Website
junkfever.tumblr.com
Any advice? My bro and I are still kind of young, I can not walk long distance due to health issues, and we don't have much cash. We are in Portland, Oregon and are mostly interested in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, and NYC. I am especially knowledgeable of Seattle and somewhat of Chicago as I have been to both. Any cheap buses or anything else?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Also, greyhound tickets way in advance, can't change the dates without a fee. Safe and cheap usually means boring.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Go look on the bulletin board at your local college.

Reactions: drinkwindexx

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Put one foot in front of the other, on the ground or a bike pedal.

He's got me beat on the motorcycle idea. I've met people who hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I prefer to hitchhike, I've never had any problems with safety yet, but I'll be preparing myself with some self defense classes soon.

Go look on the bulletin board at your local college.

What would one look for on a bulletin board at college?

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
People looking for company and/or ride shares when they are driving home to visit or whatever. I picked up a ride from Utah to Wisconsin once for $20 in gas money.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads