A snazzy thread title!

oldcoyote

Reaction score
These are the snazz-droids you're looking for, etc.

Hey, errbody!

I'm 22 years old, and I've been more or less roaming for the past year and a half. Mostly, I've been bouncing through the intentional communities movement (helping out on community farms in Virginia and Missouri), and I took a break from that to ride out to last year's national rainbow gathering. It was an amazing experience, but with all of the things I've heard about it since, I wonder if last year may have been a fluke - and now with all of this upsetting Black Hills controversy, I'm kind of ashamed to announce association, but here's hoping there's a swift change of location.

After Rainbow, I started hitching / stealth camping for the first time with a handful of other travelers, and eventually broke off from the group and began hitching solo, which was a hugely empowering experience. I got out of Utah and went through Nevada and then up and down a lot of the California coast before forging my way back to Missouri and then Virginia.

I'm thinking of spending more time by Lake Tahoe, this summer, and am definitely going to spin back through California - I wanna go further north than I had before and visit a community up in the forest and see what's up w/ Shasta, too, and maybe see if there's anything interesting for me in Oregon. I'm thinking of working trim for the first time this year, and I'm also kinda considering checking out the slabs when it gets cold, but maybe you can tell that these are a whole lot of 'I thinks' and 'maybes' and that it's all tentative / wherever I end up is where I end up.

I can't decide whether I'm falling in love with the idea of trainhopping or whether I never wanna touch a train in my life, and I probably won't figure it out until somebody says to me, "Come get on this train." I'm into climbing trees (and climbing everything else), growing lil' plants, giving my heart to tiny goats, crawling around abandoned buildings (though it hasn't quite been the same since I gave my camera away), DIY, jumping into dumpsters, singing without knowing what I'm doing, making friends with dogs, and trying to be the most helpful person I know. I identify as queer, and an anarchist, and I've essentially never been to school.

So whatsup, StP?!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Verry snazzy introduction.

Welcome to STP.
Lot of info here on all those subjects and activities you mentioned.
If you decide to travel on to the slabs, our site Creator Matt has mentioned a possible meet up of STP folks in OCT.
Stay tunned.

Good travels and enjoy the site. IT's greeeeat.

Reactions: oldcoyote and Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
You are awesome and sounds like you are living the life!! Would love to meet you some day! Have fun here connecting with the STP community!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If you decide to travel on to the slabs, our site Creator Matt has mentioned a possible meet up of STP

It's finally been (officially) announced! Check out the thread here. You should come down and meet some of us!

Reactions: Kal and oldcoyote

oldcoyote

Reaction score
Thanks for such a rad & warm welcome, everyone!! I'm thinking that I will almost definitely come to the meetup at the slabs - and I'm kind of a sucker for the idea of scouting organizations, so even though the Dirty Scouts Jamboree is just a catchy title (.. right?) maybe I'll whip up cute lil' Dirty Scouts handouts of some kind. I'll see what I can do when the end of September rolls around.

Would love to meet you some day!

Maybe I'll see y'there, Tude? :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads