S. Florida. Could use some help..

Tadaa

Reaction score
Hey guys. I could use some help here..

I am flying to miami on sunday. I have been living in iceland now for a year and a half but this winter is hitting me hard right now and i need an escape.

I have a friend in the miami area i can stay at untill i find a place to rent for two months and find work..

But basically i am looking for a cash job as a server and a place to live for 2months. Miami sounds cool. But anywhere would do basically. Was in south florida 2 weeks ago for 5 day and even Naples seems ok. (Old people but a lot of help wanted signs and its kind of beautifull our there.
Miami seems ok to find work but living might be hard. I dont have a driver license so would commute by bike and from what i hear miami can be a bit rough

I dont have a work permit.
I have 6 years experience working as a server. Going from bars and dinners to a michelin star restaurant.

If somebody owns a restaurant,knows somebody who has one, or a room in a shared house/flat/squat..

I have a tiny bit of money saved up and a few plan b's in case things dont work out. Or i just hit the rails and go train hop for two months..

Thanks in advance
Dries

Tadaa

Reaction score
Any advice on open squats. Or cheap sublets. Local punk/hardcore scene? Already discovered Churchills when i was there few weeks ago.. and they are doing a free Noise festival next week so i am excited about that..

Tadaa

Reaction score
Wow.. maybe i have been lucky my entire life to always find a cheap place to live very fast (never had more then a two days search,even in places with a housing shortage like reykjavik i have been lucky)
But finding a place in the miami area.. damn..

So yeah.. if somebody knows somebody.. i am looking for a 2 month sublet..

Preferable miami area.. as i got a friend here and getting to know the north east side a little now. But any sublet anywhere where i can find cash work is an option..

Thanks..

(Dont think i have ever been this close to stressing out about finding something. But the only replies i had so far were proper scams.., and i check 1 place out earlier but i dont trust the woman. And i learned to follow my guts

Reactions: Odin

OmFish

Reaction score
Hey man, check the housing section of Craigslist, and refine the search more by being specific to WHERE aim Miami because ppl claim they live in Miami all the time but really live in Hollywood or some shit.
But yah Craigslist housing should find something.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Food Not Bombs is Thursday nights @ govt center (I think around 630)
Good folks and good Food!

I have no good leads for housing down here. It's damn expensive overall. Little haiti/little Havana would be where I'd look. I'm down paying way too much in Coral Gables jusy finishing up college and getting out. I ride my bike, the roads aren't great and people drive like maniacs but I haven't died yet lol

Good find with Churchill's, I was at the noise conference last night! Hit me up next time you go if you want

Las Rosas is a cool bar too

Tadaa

Reaction score
Was at noise fest last night too.. heading that way now.. i ll be there each night if you want to grab a beer..
I ll pm you my number

Been refreshing craigslist every 15 minutes .. i am alright for another week. Staying at my friends place in north bay village.. . but i want a place so i can find a job around the same area.. ( kind of want to stay around north east as i am slowly getting to know the place.
People have weird demands here when it come to subletting rooms

Riding a bike is a sweaty business here . Damn.. 3 shirts a day haha

• Haha
Reactions: JackSquat and Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads