roadmusic,,,

• Thread starter Deleted member 25142
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25142

i found thoose videos on youtube with traveling kids playing some kind of folk folkpunkmusic,, they where the rail yard ghosts and others,, the music was sooo good with violins, guitars, banjos, base and others,,, i wonder what groups have recorded this kind of music and where i can find it... piratebay? I never heard music like this before but it was fantastic.
any tip apreciated. /noa

WildVirtue

Reaction score
Website
activistjourneys.wordpress.com
You can get website extensions which put a download button under the youtube video. Search on bandcamp to support the artist and get a listed discography. On last.fm you can go to the bands page and click a button to listen to similar artists. Reddit has a folkpunk sub-reddit mostly for joking about themselves. Otherwise benefit events and festivals. Here's my recommendations for ya:

Folk Punk:
Hippie Folk:
Interesting mixes of instruments:
International music:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynora and Anagor

bones32

Reaction score
Check out punk with a camera he does all sorts of promotion for folk punk. Then stuff like stick and poke, Riley caote, dog tooth and nail, mischief brew, Johnny hobo and the fraight trains, annoying, Chad Fontaine, wingnut dishwashers union.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There's a lot I'd like to add to this list but for now I'll just drop one of my favorites. The Dead Man Street Orchestra, album titled "Where's Corey?". It won't be easy to find but I've found it recently on Slsknet.org

Actually.. I wonder if I can upload it here? Someone from this site emailed me asking for it recently and I've been lagging.

Attachments

• 01 - Buba Mara.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 340
  • 02 - Brother can you.._.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 319
  • 03 - Me _ my gin.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 334
  • 04 - The victim.mp3
    4.4 MB · Views: 339
  • 05 - Shaye_s nose.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 319
  • 06 - Asleep in nawlins.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 341
  • 07 - Tar Tar Tanz.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 316
  • 08 - Suicide.mp3
    3.2 MB · Views: 326
  • 09 - Graveyard Blues.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 309
  • 10 - Aftermath_.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 331
  • 11 - Your blue eyes are stunning.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 321
  • 12 - Oche Chornya.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 298
  • 13 - Fancy Beer.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
Reactions: croc
D

Deleted member 25142

There's a lot I'd like to add to this list but for now I'll just drop one of my favorites. The Dead Man Street Orchestra, album titled "Where's Corey?". It won't be easy to find but I've found it recently on Slsknet.org

Actually.. I wonder if I can upload it here? Someone from this site emailed me asking for it recently and I've been lagging.

Most kind of You, working fine and sounds good :) /hobonoa

Honey Crust

Reaction score
Website
flowercrownmeaqueen.bandcamp.com

Honestly just look up any number of the bands listed on these lineups and you’ll find what you’re looking for!

• Love It
Reactions: bones32

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads