Road Ferret?

dprogram

Reaction score
I've seen ferrets on harnesses so why not? I think they stink but they are super cool looking...pretty intelligent too from what I've heard. Teach that fucker to steal food for ya!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i do know theyre illegal in california......my buddy had one in his car when he was on the road and it would shit everywhere....pretty yucky...... you could give it a shot and if it don't work out just try to find a home for it

Eli Whitney

Reaction score
i have a friend who traveled alot with one name was stella blue it was a really smart animal and wasnt too high matenence i think they get bad separation anxiety when switching owners though but yah they poop alot all over you

Shakou

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few months old, but I just had to add in my 2 cents. The problem most people make when getting a ferret is they treat them like hamsters. A ferret is not a hamster. It's more like a cat or a dog. I had a ferret named Skipper, years ago. I never had the chance to take him traveling the way I am now, but I would and he'd of been great at it. As it was, he went everywhere with me around town like a small dog. We'd ride in the car, go for walks on leash, he had a cage, but was rarely ever in it as he was litter box trained (and he did NOT crap all over me, or anything else for that matter).

The draw back is that they are very prone to diseases. Skipper eventually died of cancer, but he had an awesome life with me and was VERY much loved. Here's a memorial video I made for him shortly after he passed that shows his life and some of the cool things we did together:

cport420

Reaction score
I traveled by motorcycle a lot a few years ago and took my ferret plenty of times until I crashed with her with me. She was un-harmed but I got fucked up good. I had her outdoors with me while living in a hammock setup for a while. I will say the high temps are what is fucked. It will kill them when its way up there. I took a small cat carrier and partially buried it and stacked stuff on top to keep her cool and damp when it got hot. I was scared of the fire ants getting to her and ended up sending her to a home with kids and a/c. If you were from up north I'd say a ferret would have more fun out in the world than stuck in a cage.

cport420

Reaction score
I will say that it takes some time for a new ferret to get used to stuff. They have a.d.d. like a motherfucker so go into it knowing that you will find moments when the ferret pisses you off. They sleep a lot also and need time to nap and stuff. Feed them ferret food. Cat food will make them die quicker. And chicken baby food in the lil jar is good for them if you've got stamps and have to make due with some cat food though don't do that for too long.

edit: I managed a pet shop for a few years and have owned several. If for some reason you decide you can't take care of it spend some time making sure the ferret goes to a home that has had ferrets before or someone that you know will do the right thing. I will say the majority of ferrets sold stay locked in a cage with nothing to do which is sad as fuck.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads