RIP RAGS aka Chris Stone of Portland, OR

Current Location
Northern CA
Thought I should put the news out for those who haven't heard already.
Rags, aka Chris Stone, caught the last westbound earlier this month in a car accident in Austin, TX.
His dog, Spree, has been relocated to his folks.
Heard there's a memorial in Portland on April 7th for those who are interested.

Ride in Power.
Cheers to the Best of Times.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Inuyoujo

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
silver city, new mexico
Very sad. I never heard of the guy, but my heart goes out to him and family. Cars of all things end up being the most deadly objects in America. Self driving cars are going to put an end to this, hopefully within our lifetime. Cyclists, pedestrians, passengers and everyone will be safer. Rest in peace Chris Stone.

ElisseCrazy

Lurker
Current Location
Minot ND
Swear I didn't name my dog Rags after the ole boy... :/ Took too long to get to Austin, sorry I missed ya man.
He's getting all the pussy and beer he's ever gonna want but I don't know what to do without him and Bacha boy and Black Tooth Billy and Shwilly Mark. Hobo heaven had gotta be looking great right now.

Current Location
lucerne,ca
Thought I should put the news out for those who haven't heard already.
Rags, aka Chris Stone, caught the last westbound earlier this month in a car accident in Austin, TX.
His dog, Spree, has been relocated to his folks.
Heard there's a memorial in Portland on April 7th for those who are interested.

Ride in Power.
Cheers to the Best of Times.
Fuckin sucks been looking for kid for a while. We were supposed to catch out of Colton this summer and head east. Gonna miss that mother fucker.

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Looking for a few people to join me in an off grid wilderness community. Have hydroelectric and small solar.
Almost died a fiery horrific death when the wiring crossed an shorted in the camper, had to jump in the water to save my dog from drowning when a current was pulling him under roots and branches (one of the most heartwrenching experiences of my life), and i fucked the engine in my truck on the mountain highways. Repairs are going to be expensive and take long. Thats kindof how my summer is going. Beats jail but just barely
Just covered about 500 mi in 12 hrs by train. Two hot as fuck IMs under a full moon. Only one stop was made...an unexpected siding in the exact place i wanted to be.
I'm finally headed out on the road and out of this state as a renowned painter's assistant in a month. I cannot wait for my childhood dream of travelling as a visual artist of some sort to become true. Hats off to you, Mayosky. Bless your fuckin heart man. Ya saved me.
Homeless ,married , 5 fur babies
Off to Fiji for a holiday in a couple days! Shows that you can still save and spend if you plan right!
Hello ALL !
New here, need and can give assistance...
Uh...doing the profile thing,as advised, first. Will post and reply soon.
REASON FOR JOINING: Leaving Washington on the 25th of this month,have near full van,good yellow lab,his pet cat,gas and a goal: Rockford ,Illinois. Im looking for a Road Partner!
Someone that can legally drive, and can help with gas. I got a tent,camp stove,camp heater ,and canned goods for food.
I'll finish my profile and start looking through the site.
Thanks !
Speedrowthehobo wrote on Cheeseburger's profile.
Where you at?

Staff online