RIP Canfield's (Omaha)

Jerrell

Wanderer
Current Location
Harlan, IA
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
Anybody that's familiar with Omaha's hometown sporting goods / camping gear store will be sad to learn that they will be closing up shop after 71 years.

I'm making the drive in a couple days to try to snag a good "going out of business" deal and look around one last time. They weren't the cheapest, but they were local and that meant a lot to me versus buying from a box store.

Current Location
outside omaha
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Their Liquidation sale starts Friday Dec 8, through the end of January. I have gotten a lot of stuff from them over the years, too bad they are closing.

OP
OP
Jerrell

Jerrell

Wanderer
Current Location
Harlan, IA
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
I went up there this afternoon thinking any early birds would be done shopping.

Nope.

Line stretched a good 30+ people deep outside waiting to get in. I ask a lady that just came out and she said she waited an HOUR in the register line for a 20% discount! I love Canfield's, but not that much. I'm gonna bide my time and try to get lucky closer to the end.

Early bird gets the worm. Late worm's less likely to get eaten...and may just snag a deeper discount. lol

Latest Status Updates

My kitchen is getting smoked tonight damn, need a brew!
Hitchiking greece till august the 10
You have a better chance of redemption selling your soul to the devil than finding spirituality in sedona. Stay away from this place. Fuck the promotion, I quit!
done treeplanting...Edmonton for a day and Vancouver bound...
Anybody know of any geographical maps i can download.
Still thinking about bike touring, but becoming less considerate of it.
VikingAdventurer wrote on sofarfromhome's profile.
Heeeyyy, buuddy!

How you been? Haven't heard from ya in awhile, so I figured I'd check to make sure you weren't dead in a ditch.
Stranded in heavener oaklahoma
Day six bike touring: I fucked up royally and Cujo got hurt. His tail is sprained and he has a tiny bit of road rash and a chipped tooth. Could have been so much worse