Dismiss Notice
Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?

Riding the Rails in Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by almustafa, May 14, 2018.

1. almustafa

almustafa Lurker

Address:
    Mazatlan, Sin., Mexico
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    Hey guys, Looking for some info from anyone who has experience with the rails down here.
    How are things with the cops? Are they harsher now after the crackdown on northbound migrants? Any potential problems with people fucking with riders in general? I've heard stories of coarse but I've learned to take mexico warning stories with salt.
    Do the CCs work the same? 6-8 hours per crew and what not.

Also if anyone has any specific info on the north south ferromex line on the pacific side. I'm in mazatlan heading towards guadalajara, not sure if there is a CC here but maybe tepic?

2. gathernogloss

gathernogloss Pilgrim

music, nothingness
    Address:
    Detroit, MI, United States
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Local Time:
    6:32 PM
    never did it had some distant friends do it-said it was pretty accepted and alotta people doin it- jus stay away from the border

3. quad8

quad8 Nowhere bound...

CEO of Quad 8 Studios
    Address:
    Brunswick, GA, United States
    Ratings:
    +361 / -13
    Local Time:
    6:32 PM
    I think a YouTuber by the name of Ilia Bondarev got familiar riding around Mexico one time. Other than a few chats with a police official or two, he was successful! You might have KCS Mexico and Ferromex running their lines god knows how far down south. But make sure you don't get anywhere near the border!